hey Rosalyn, tell me where you been (Brighton part 2)

Thursday 9 May 2013

As you know, I went to Brighton last weekend, and on sunday morning (after a huge bowl of amazing porridge and strawberries) I decided to do a little photoshoot on the beach. I personally love pebble beaches...all the pros of a beach, with none of the sand that always seems to stay with you several days after your visit. I actually went back to the beach later that day, and ended up falling completely asleep in the sun, which was amazing and so blissful I can't even describe it properly.



I wore a few of the things I got on saturday, including my £5 real cashmere red polo neck, which I'm a little bit in love with at the moment. I wore it underneath this awesome shirt/dress from Beyond Retro (I'm wearing shorts too but you just can't see them). My shoes are my little off-white boots that I found in the vintage emporium. They fit me perfectly and are the most beautiful things I own at the moment. My bag was my mum's, and my tights are from H&M. Sunglasses are from camden market.

(Petra and her dress are just so perfect)


 

(both unknown, tumblr)




I wore purple lipstick for some bizarre reason, and some cute little rubber duck earrings. I quite enjoyed the weird looks I got.




(remember you can win one of my handmade flower crowns just like this one along with a bunch of other cool stuff here:


Some inspiration I felt went with this outfit's vibe. Made by taking a screenshot of my tumblr archive.





(from Rookie and tumblr)

I'm totally feeling some 70's vibes at the moment, maybe because I'm doing so much work on that decade for my current art project (which seems to centre around David Bowie). The fashion was amazing. I do love me some flares.

Remember you can still enter my giveaway to win a bunch of cool stuff (like a flower crown//mixtape//fashion cats book//stickers) here: http://roseandvintage.blogspot.co.uk/2013/05/giveaway.html
and please don't forget to follow me on bloglovin! Just click the link in my sidebar or click here: http://www.bloglovin.com/en/blog/4408467
Thankyou!

ellie xo

43 comments:

  1. you look really really cool! ah i love the 70's vibessss

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Ellie! I admire you for feeling free to express your individual taste in clothing. You look fabulous. Your story reminds me of the lyrics to a favorite song of mine released on 45rpm in May of 1970, "Spill the Wine" by Eric Burdon and War:

    I was once out strolling one very hot summer's day
    When I thought I'd lay myself down to rest
    In a big field of tall grass
    I laid there in the sun and felt it caressing my face
    As I fell asleep and dreamed

    I am enjoying your blog, Ellie, and I wish you a happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw wow thankyou so much for such a lovely comment, its so nice to hear people actually read and like what I post. Going to have to check out that song now. Have a great weekend too :)

      Delete
  3. OMG I adore the paisley floral jacket, and polka dot tights! I've always wanted a pair ;)
    http://rhinestonemoon.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Ellie, have just discovered your blog and have read a few of your posts and absolutely love it!!! I just adore everything you wear (especially the outfit in this post)and everything about your blog...
    I am definitely following your blog as everything is gorgeous and beautiful and vintage! (sorry is this too much gushing!?!) Anyway, I love you blog!
    Please check mine out if its not too much trouble; http://broniasbubble.blogspot.co.uk/
    Bronia
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou so much, you're so lovely! Of course, will check it out now!xx

      Delete
    2. WOW! thanks for checking out my blog, I'm so glad you liked it! It really made my day when you commented!
      I have just put the bloglovin icon in my sidebar, It wasn't your computer playing up, I just hadn't got round to putting one up!
      Thanks again
      Bronia

      Delete
    3. Awesome, will follow you now! Much love <3 x

      Delete
  5. your top is amazing! and those earrings are so cute omgasdfghjk

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amazing!!
    xx
    Mónica
    I have a post about my engagement ring and proposal...very important moment in my life and, as a blogger, I'd love to share it with you too :)
    MES VOYAGES A PARIS

    ReplyDelete
  7. this post is basically the definition of perf <3

    themadmod.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. your outfit is gorgeous omfg:O
    love your shirt!
    Joni xxx

    www.berry-crumble-xxx.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  9. You´r really cute! ^^ You look a lot like a girl at my school acctually >v< thihi
    I have nominated you for the Versatile Blogger Award!
    http://frillypinkdreams.blogspot.no/2013/05/the-versatile-blogger-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Ellie! My friend Bronia told me about you and I'm so glad she did as I am in love with your blog! Your style is so beautiful and unique and I love everything you wear.

    It would mean a lot if you could check out my blog www.remarkableramblings.blogspot.co.uk
    Hannah xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou so much, so pleased you like what I post! Of course, would be my pleasure xx

      Delete
  11. you looked amazing! oh, how i envy you sleeping on the beach. i can only dream about something like that 'cause i have exams -___-'' oh and i also bought purple lipstick today ;p
    xoxo

    [http://cattpaws.blogspot.com/]

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou so much! Yeah, I miss it...got to spend this weekend cramming! :( hugs <3

      Delete
  12. perfect outfit! also, love the lipstick. Sometimes purple lipstick can look a little tacky, but not on you :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the way you have done your eye make -up, very pretty :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great Style!! Love this post! Following you via gfc and bloglovin!
    http://stylebythree.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah thankyou so much, really helps me out :) xx

      Delete
  15. absolutely love love love your blog xxxx

    http://maddieisthename.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  16. You look fantastic! I really love your make up. The purple lipstick and your eyebrows (I know that's a weird thing to say, but you just have really great eyebrown) are lovely.

    www.jessthetics.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thankyou so much! I usually do them a little too thick but you know, may as well! :) xx

      Delete
    2. you have such great personal style!!!!

      Delete
  17. you are gorgeous , and your blog is stunningly beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  18. hey ! love your blog and you :) too cool

    if u want check out my blog and maybe follow each other ?
    cheers

    http://crepesforbreakfast.blogspot.fi/

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou so much for your comment! I read each and every one and will try to answer any questions or queries as quick as I can ♡♡♡