Unleashing scent of wild Jasmine

Saturday 25 May 2013

 

Hi guys. For some reason it feels like I haven't posted in forever...which is sort of true, as instead of blog I've had to spend this week panic-revising for end of year tests and exams that I had long purposely forgotten about. Anyway, I'm back now (and on half term break eep!) and so after a nice morning taking photographs for my current art project and eating bread rolls with peanut butter, I decided to show you guys some of the things I've been up to.
 
 
 
 
 
 
I'm doing some work on portraits for art, and decided to try and take some Petra Collins-esque photos to work from, and while trying to get some outfits together I found this gorgeous dress in my dressing up box from when I was little. It was my mum's bridesmaid dress from the 70s, and it is absolutely amazing and frilly and pink and just completely perfect. It does have a little stain on the front though, which will explain why I'm holding flowers/an Agatha Christie novel in most pictures.
 
 
 
 
I felt so floaty and very virgin-suicides-like...despite the length and the hot pink colour, the feel of it made me think of Cecilia in her old wedding dress.
 
(This Rookie shoot was my no1 inspiration)
 
(vintage prom dress from Etsy, found through tumblr)
 
(The dress reminded me of this photo so much)
 
 
 
 
 
(This book & movie really fitted the vibes I'm feeling at the moment)
 
(vintage prom dresses are just amazing)
 
I took a whole bunch of photos this morning, so I'll be able to show them to you guys over the following week, along with some awesome pictures I intend to take over the half term (I'm meeting up with a couple of gorgeous blogging guurls, so expect some picture spamming).
 
Don't forget to follow my bloglovin HERE, thanks!
 
ellie xo


34 comments:

  1. This post is just too lovely! I just tryed right now to get somewhere inspiration for some work *sewing some things* and this is so inspiring! Will use this 70's style as a base to my works!
    And again - you so pretty, pretty, pretty! <3

    Emily

    madeinlatvija.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hehe thankyou so so much for such a lovely comment, you are too kind!xx

      Delete
  2. These photos are all too perfect! Love the dress, loving the vibezzzz

    itsrainingblueumbrellas.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. AHHH AHHH AHHH!!!! Ellie! You have once again stolen my heart! I can't even tell you how perf these are! I love the flower crown and that TO DIE FOR dress (and it's so cool it was your mom's!!). It's all so '70s and dreamy and summery. You are seriously the greatest style queen of them all and this is gonna be my chief inspo now <3

    xoxo
    http://psychedelicdaisy.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG ESSINE!! <3 you're like my style icon in every way, so much love! Thankyou xx

      Delete
  4. you are pretty (:

    http://cecinestpasunfashionblog.blogspot.co.at/

    ReplyDelete
  5. These photos are so beautiful and ethereal, I adore them! <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amazing photos!
    So in love with your blog, I'm a new follower :)

    http://andini-ria.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  7. That dress is literally perfect, and I agree with you, it is so Virgin Suicides-esque x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Slightly off topic, but I have to say I just LOVE your eyebrows. What do you do to them? Great post also, the photographs are so atmospheric. - Amy.

    www.bluegreygold.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe aw thankyou, I use a little compact called 'Browzings' from Benefit <3 x

      Delete
  9. Wow these are beautiful pictures, what camera/lens/film do you use? And those vibes pictures are so revelant to your own ones, and I LOVE ALL YOUR POSTS and also I have ordered The Virgin Suicides book and CANNOT WAIT TO BE FILLED WITH ALL THESE EHTERAL VIBEZZ!!! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou so much! I use a Nikon d3000 with these two separate filters to get the effects. They're super old and you hold them in front of the lens as you shoot ^_^ one is sepia and the other is kind of fuzzy. Omg you will love the virgin suicides...such a beautiful book, like a painting but written down. I love it. <3 xxx

      Delete
  10. super lovely photos!

    ReplyDelete
  11. you look BEAUTIFUL! these photos remind me a little bit of lana del rey :PP but anyway i love how soft and blurry they are!
    agatha christie - her books are great, i like them much more than books about sherlock holmes. poirot is more ineresting, don't you think?

    [new post in my weirdoland - www.pigeongray.blogspot.com]

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou so much ^_^ yes I think the agatha christie books are much better than the Sherlock Holmes ones...I think they're just more readable :) xx

      Delete
  12. Wow, these photos are stunning. I love the softness, it's so beautiful. I also love how you're holding an Agatha Christie book! I always loved her books.

    ReplyDelete
  13. love the photos and your dress!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful <3

    I just created a new clothing store with very trendy clothes, Infinite Universe. Take a look and like and share my page! Thank you <3 https://www.facebook.com/pages/Infinite-Universe/641532909196240

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love that dress! The color looks so good on you!

    ReplyDelete
  16. You look absolutely gorgeous! I adore the colour of your dress and how demure it is. I, too, love vintage prom dresses; they're so feminine! I often wonder how people can like modern ones with gems encrusted and shiny ruffles etc, because in comparison to a 50's frock, they're inferior (maybe just my opinion though). Anyway, your blog is perfect! xx

    myfashionlabyrinth.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou so much! Yes I agree, the vintage ones are just so gorgeous you'd wonder why people bother making new ones! Xx

      Delete
  17. you look so pretty! love these pictures and ur inspiration. i love the dress! good luck with your exams :) x
    http://thefrillseekers.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou so much for your comment! I read each and every one and will try to answer any questions or queries as quick as I can ♡♡♡