like a roll call of all the suburban dreams

Thursday 20 June 2013

(old topshop advert//marc jacobs advert//business card from CSM - playlist by me)
 
I guess I should begin this post with an apology...I can't believe it's been nearly two weeks since I last posted. Mock exams have got the better of me recently, and I haven't made anywhere near enough time to do creative things, hence my lack of photos and posts. I can't thank you all enough for being patient and still looking at and following this blog despite my little unplanned break, and I promise I'll make it up to you with a load of cool posts coming your way in the next couple of weeks.
I've had a crazy time recently, beginning with seeing To Kill A Mockingbird with two of my friends at the Regent's park open air theatre. I'm studying the book for english, and it's one of my favourites, and the play completely did it justice. I really recommend trying to get tickets; the acting is incredible, especially from the actor playing Tom Robinson, who is just amazing and almost reduced me to tears on several occasions.
I then went to see the degree shows at Central Saint Martins yesterday with my textiles class, which was just wow on so many levels. The designs were incredible, and it was so good to be able to see the student's sketchbooks and designs alongside their finished pieces. It's open to the public for the next week or so I think, and is really worth a look if you are interested in studying product, ceremic, jewellery, textile or fashion design at college or university.
 
 (new pastel shirt from beyond retro)
 
(new £4 charity shop skirt, trimming, journal page with things from Hollie, postcards from CSM)
 

(business cards from CSM, jolene magazine advert)
 
I discovered Jolene Magazine whilst at CSM, and from what I can find out it is a new magazine, but it is just so awesome and rookie-esque I just had to share it with you guys. The website is http://jolenemagazine.com/ and has playlists, fashion shoots, style icons and tips which are featured in the magazine, and it's extremely aesthetically pleasing and I have definitely found my newest obsession.
 
 

 
 (CSM business cards)
 
(Petra Collins: The Female Gaze)
 
(unknown: tumblr)
(CSM business cards)
 
I have a bedroom tour ready to upload within the next few days, and I'm going to take lots of outfit pictures this weekend as I'm going to the Bowie exhibition (!!!!!) at the V&A. Hope you are all having a good week!
 
ellie xo
 
SUPER IMPORTANT--- GFC is actually being deleted on the 1st of July, meaning you will no longer be following this blog or be updated of when I post unless you switch to Bloglovin. Bloglovin is completely free and essentially the same as GFC, and all you need to do is click HERE or click the link in my sidebar to follow me and keep up to date with my slightly erractic blogging habits. I would be so grateful as I have tried really hard with this blog, and it would be a shame to have to start from scratch with pageviews and followers and such. Thankyou for understanding <3 p="">

51 comments:

  1. I wish I lived nearer london ugh I'd love to see CSM degree shows! Also, I forgot to say, the bakery sticker I sent you is made my Caitlin of bollykecks.tumblr.com :) :) :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. awesome ill change the source asap <3 and yeah they are pretty awesome, but London does get so ugh sometimes :( xox

      Delete
  2. Thankyou Helen! Fingers crossed :') xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your journal! Digging the vibes in this post <33

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your journal is soo awesome!
    I JUST MUST SEE THIS SKIRT ON YOU! PLZ PLZ PLZ! ;(( :3
    And i like your new cover of your blog, it is so cooll! i would like to change mine too, but don't know how and what to put there and yeahhh, basicaly i am just lazyy to do it , saaad.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thankyou, so lovely to hear feedback ^_^ and ooh maybe my next outfit post?? ;) xxx

      Delete
  5. I love everything about this!! x

    Melissa
    http://wildflwrchild.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just found this blog through your comment on the boyband page on rookiemag. I love this blog! I'm going to follow you on bloglovin' in a minute. Thanks for letting me know about Jolene magazine, I'm always on the search for a good magazine. Please feel free to check out my blog as well! http://christina.berrange.com xoxox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for such a lovely comment!! And of course, will check your page out asap xx

      Delete
  7. Your journal is so cool! And I'm going to listen all the songs for sure.
    I love room tour's and I'm sure your is very very cute!
    Fingers crossed for your exam ^^

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your pastel shirt! have fun at the Bowie exhibition!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou, and I did...it was amazing!xx

      Delete
  9. I like this blog so much! And this post! And indeed fingers crossed for your exam!

    I really like to follow your blog, maybe you like to see my blog?

    xx www.eenditjeeneendatje.blogspot.nl

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love! xo

    http://www.polydeux.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love Jolene, it's so interesting to see what the put up! x

    http://chrislikesclothes.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe, yeah jolene are really cool! <3 x

      Delete
  12. cool post, i love your blouse. and the central saint martins school degree shows sound really cool.....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! And yeah it was really awesome ^_^ xx

      Delete
  13. lovely lovely lovely post, my dear <3
    I really like your blog :)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very well explained. I would like to say that it is very interesting to read your blog.

    umrah packages

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hello!This is my first time here.And I think your blog is great.Your great blogger.This post is amazing.What do you think about following each other.I'd be glad and follow you back I promise :)) Kisses :*
    http://fashionella123.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love that photo of the girls looking at the UFO! And your blog...love it!
    http://erikablogsalot.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. super amazing photos <3 love all your new stuff!
    and I am soooo jealous that you get to go to the bowie exhibition!!! xxx

    birdiewearsatie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi there, love the shirt!

    Would you like to follow each other?
    Let me know on my blog and I’ll follow back :)
    Much love, Sarah x

    sarahamyruth.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hey, I hope you don't mind that I nominated you for the Versatile Blogger Blog Award, do you? I like your blog and think you deserve it :)Follow this link for more details.

    http://metalrizon.blogspot.com/2013/07/v-is-for-v-ersatile.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh wow thankyou so much! I might not get time to post about it but I really appreciate it thankyou <3 xxx

      Delete
  20. tagged you in a fun question/answer post! blog: instead of an elephant

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hey, I just tagged you for the Liebster Award in my last post! :)

    http://thestrawberrythoughts.blogspot.com/2013/07/liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh wow thankyou so much! I really really appreciate it but I just don't have time to make the post, thankyou so much though xo

      Delete
  22. BEYOND RETRO!!! ahh my favourite! :) When I visited london last summer I picked up a few things from there. Im going to uni in london in the fall so I cant wait to go back. That shirt is awesome and I love the photos.

    Check me out!
    calurvillade.blogspot.com
    Paolina

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thankyou! and I know, literally my favourite shop ever tbh <3

      Delete
  23. lovely post http://differentcands.blogspot.kr/2013/07/fashion-small-gathering-in-seoul.html

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou so much for your comment! I read each and every one and will try to answer any questions or queries as quick as I can ♡♡♡