dress my friends up just for show, see them as they really are

Tuesday 9 July 2013

(outfit from a few weeks ago..background collage clockwise from top right: images from Hollie's blog, Flower's blog, Petra Collins, tumblr and Hollie)
 
It's summer! My exams are over! School is nearly over! And I have a tonne of things to post on this here blog that I haven't had time to post in the last few weeks!
Anyway, I guess I better start with another apology for not posting...exams are stressful but hopefully all the summer blogging I have planned will make up for my recent break. I'm sure lots of you had exams too and so understand my pain. I've got loads of things to fill you all in on, for example a few weekends ago I was (finally) lucky enough to see the David Bowie Is exhibition at the Victoria and Albert museum. As a Bowie fan I was completely overwhelmed by all the memorabilia they had on show, while as an art/design student I was fascinated by everything from the layout of the displays to the presentation of his costumes. It wasn't just a tribute to him, but more of an in-depth look into the life of an artist, something worth seeing whether you like his work or not.
 
(background collage clockwise from top right: tumblr, Flower's blog, Tessa's blog, tumblr, my photography and tumblr.)
 
(background collage from top right: Sinead's Journal, tumblr)
 
We had an evening slot and so only got a very short time in the shop before it closed, resulting in me going on a very supermarket sweep-like escapade, trying to get as much merchandise as possible.
My top is from the V&A, my shirt & skirt are from a charity shop, and my jacket is from Beyond Retro.
 
(background image from tumblr)
 
(http://teeveedinner.tumblr.com/ forever one of my no1 style icons)
 
 (sinead's journal is just so so so pretty gah)
 
I'm sorry for the short post, but I have a few more planned for this week, as I've got a bunch of film developed & loads of outfits photographed...and I'm going to the ponds with the girls tomorrow which might result in some summery pictures.
 
ellie xo
 
 


25 comments:

  1. Glad you enjoyed the Bowie exhibition, I thought it was incredible :)

    www.whimsicalprocrastination.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute outfit! Love the new collage borders! Would love to see the Bowie Exhibition, I could only imagine it to be amazing!!
    Rachael x
    Rachaeleeno | Beauty, Fashion & Thoughts

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love Bowie. :) and you are pretty, <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bowie is awesome! "Ground control to major Tom"...was that totally unnecessary? Anyway, I LOVE your outfit! The coat is gorgeous! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. so lovely. I love the pleats!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks! same, it's like a proper little school skirt!x

      Delete
  6. Wow, I really like this outfit; all the pieces go so well together. And I've seen the Bowie exhibition and, yes, I agree with you 100%.. it's amazing.

    colainscoral.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. aahh you look AWESOME! I lolove this outfit~

    ReplyDelete
  8. thanks for using one of my pictures! :-) I love your outfit and teeveedinner is soooo stylish too <3

    ReplyDelete
  9. I absolutely adore your outfit, especially your jacket! -Britney
    www.thestyleaviator.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ahhh, you're lucky to have seen the David Bowie exhibition! I would love to have this kind of exhibitions in Spain! Also, love your outfit! <3

    xx
    Inés

    www.riotsandroses.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I want to see the Bowie exhibit so much! The outfits must have been awesome. Well, I'm excited about seeing the Chaos To Couture exhibit in NYC this august!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Loving this look and the collage that you made!
    I really like your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yo, love the outfit; reminds me a bit of Kayla Hadlington (my total forever girl crush)

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou so much for your comment! I read each and every one and will try to answer any questions or queries as quick as I can ♡♡♡