I'm gonna pop your bubblegum heart

Thursday 15 August 2013

 
I have had the craziest few weeks...I've done so much that all the days have sort of muddled in my head, leaving me incredibly confused as to what I am doing and what I've done and what day it is (seriously, I have no idea). Anyway, on Wednesday I met up with some of my favourite (and the coolest) blogging girls in Brick Lane. I met up with Ophelia, Hollie, Ibe and Rachel, and not only did they all look so amazing but they were all so lovely...we had such an amazing day and I can't wait to hang out again.
 
 
 
We obviously went to all our usual haunts, and got photographed for Rokit's blog (check out their website, it's been completely re-done and is really awesome now). We then strolled down to vintage basement (pictured above and below) and was just browsing when we bumped into Zachary Robinson from swim deep and his fiancée Esther! It was so surreal as I went to the band's album launch party the night before in rough trade, and so to see Zach twice in two days was so unlikely and just, well, perfect. He was so sweet and we had a little chat about the gig and took some photos, and he really didn't seem to mind our creepiness, which was a godsend as we were all kind of freaking out a bit.
 
 
 
 
We had a slight freak out after Zach left, and the shop owner asked me if I was ok because I may or may not have been trying to recover by lying on the floor. We then went and got bagels and ate them outside the tube station, before going to the east end thrift store in whitechapel. I got a £10 bag which I filled with loads of cute things, so expect to see them in future posts.
 
 
 
 
 
On a completely different note, I saw swim deep on Tuesday! Me and my friend Anushka got up at like 5.30am on Monday to get wristbands that let you in to the launch party, and on Tuesday evening we went down to rough trade to see them. We managed to bag a spot right at the side of the stage, and so had a fantastic time within touching distance of the band. They played a really good set and signed our records, and are just the nicest guys ever and you should totally buy their album (it's really trippy and summery and chilled out). Seeing Zach the day after just made it even better, and he seemed appreciative of my early morning mission to see them play.
 
 
 
 
So that's a little snippet of what I've been up to; I hope you are all having a fantastic summer and eating lots of ice cream ^_^
 
ellie xo
 
NOTE: I am away on holiday at the moment and might not have a reliable internet connection, so I will reply to all emails, comments etc when I get home.

47 comments:

  1. this post is perfect and you are so pretty

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so jealous,looks like you've had an amazing time!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's cool that Rokit took pictures of you - You all look amazing! And you're right about their website, it looks so much more modern and fresh. I've heard of this band being mentioned a lot recently, I will have to check them out. :)

    x

    www.everythingandamy.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely pictures, your style is great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. such cute style! i love the yellow top//denim overalls//collared shirt combo! you actually look so fun!!!

    sg

    ihatetomatosoup.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so jealous, omggg, i would love to meet you all, you look so amazing!! <333

    X
    www.riotsandroses.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. you make the perfect dreamy girl gang together <3

    ReplyDelete
  8. in love with all of your style! you look like an uber cool 90s girl gang haha! xo

    http://britishmermaid.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love vintage shops like that, I'll deffo try check that one out soon!xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Really cool post, I love all of your outfits! You all look rad :)
    Cosmetic Bag Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  11. OH MY GOD!!! I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU MET ZACH ROBINSON!!!!
    !!!!
    !!!!!!
    !!!
    and by the way, you guys are adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  12. perfect girl gang. your pictures are always amazing and so are your outfits AND you got to meet Zach!

    -Aida

    http://sunshinesuperwoman.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  13. ughhhhh i luv you guys so much! When I'm in London next summer we HAVE to hang out!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your outfits are fabulous! Jealous of your style:) Fancy following through GFC? Let me know!:)x

    lameyy.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  15. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow!!! What a perfect day, so cool to see some of my favourite bloggers hanging out! Zach is so lovely, I'm so glad you got to meet hi, I love that dude!

    plasticpastels.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. that's basically my dream to meet my favourite band member in a vintage shop xD ahhh that is SO cool! looks like it's been a really good week!

    ReplyDelete
  18. very cool style :) great pics!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi ! Everyone's outfits are so cute! Seemed like you had an amazing day
    would love to have us follow each other :)
    ♥Stacey Nguyen

    www.trendyoutings.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. I'm so envy: I'd love to met other bloggers! And you all are so cute...

    ReplyDelete
  21. How do you organize all these blogger meetups? ah so jealous!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. this is amazing! you and your friends have such incredible outfits, and running into zach is too perfect!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thankyou! and ikr, Zach made the day so perfect

      Delete
  23. dang i wish i knew blogspot bloggers that lived near me :( !!

    ReplyDelete
  24. All of you are sososo rad and that's so cool that you got to meet swim deep!! yo also is it just me or do you look a bit like elle fanning

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hehe aw thankyou omg that is the best compliment ever! <3

      Delete
  25. What a magical place! I really wish i did visit tons of vintage shops during my stay in london a few months ago! :'(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aw no :( oh well, all the more reason to come back!x

      Delete
  26. This looks like such amazing fun!! Love a bit of brick lane...like THE best shopping destination ever!!

    http://seriouslywak.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  27. Ah that is sooo cool you meet Swim Deep!! Looks so fun! I love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Omg i love your blog. You and your friends look so cool, you guys have a unique, vintage, quirky style that I adore! Love it. Please check out my blog if you get the chance :)

    www.loveambam.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  29. love all these photos!!!


    http://thisgirlloveschic.blogspot.co.uk/

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  30. OMG HEY SWIM DEEP! I'm so jealous you have no idea. Also very jealous of your mini rookie (or whatever you call it) meetup!

    ReplyDelete
  31. these photos are great! and the shops..geez i so envy you. i don't have many of this kind of shops at my place. i'm not sure if i have any. and btw, is the title of your post from Marina's song? ;>

    xoxo

    http://cattpaws.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  32. I really love your blog, I saw swim deep on Saturday at reading xx

    www.whenhippiesruledtheworld.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thankyou! aw you lucky thing<3

      http://roseandvintage.blogspot.com/

      Delete
  33. I AM SO JEALOUS I WOULD LOVE LOVE LOVE TO MEET YOU AND NOW YOU ARE SUCH A COOL GRRL GANG AND I HATE LIVING IN THAT VILLAGE I REALLY REALLY REALLY WANT TO MEET YOU GUYS YOU ARE TOO COOL TO EXIST AND OBVIOUSLY TOO COOL FOR ME.

    perfect post.

    birdiewearsatie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aw thankyou so much! I would love to meet you too omg how amazing would it be?!?!

      Delete
  34. Just followed your blog and was having a quick read/look through your posts (which are all amazing and inspiring by the way!). but OMG this is one post that makes me highly jealous! everything about swim deep is so magical! The photos of you and the girls are really cool as well, love the one where your friends are sitting on the floor. x

    ReplyDelete
  35. This might sound a bit random, but is the title of this post a reference to 'Bubblegum Bitch' by Marina and the Diamonds because it is one of the lines! I love your outfit; your girl gang looks like the coolest and I love your style!

    bohoandbrownies.blogspot.co.uk :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes I always choose song lyrics as post titles! and thankyou so much x

      Delete

Thankyou so much for your comment! I read each and every one and will try to answer any questions or queries as quick as I can ♡♡♡