it was a promise of summer

Friday 6 September 2013

 





 







Hi guys! I know my last post was all writing so I thought I'd try and make up for it today with some pictures from a shoot I did whilst on holiday in France. The fields around us were full of bright yellow sunflowers, and I couldn't help dragging the camera down to one of the country roads and taking a few photos for you guys. I'm wearing levi shorts, a vest from the east end thrift store, glasses from H&M, shoes from office and a shirt/dress from rokit.
I started back at school on Wednesday (sigh) and am now really missing summer...sitting by the pool drinking peach ice tea, strolling through antique markets, going on evening bike rides...it feels like such a long time ago, when in reality it has only been two weeks since we came home. Time flies, eh?
I want to apologise again for the layout of my page at the moment...I just found trying to keep my posts matching my background etc way too stressful and so thought I'd try to make my blog as minimalist as possible so I can focus on content instead. I know it looks plain and ugly but stick with it, hopefully I might sort it out sometime. I hope you are all having a good start back at school...I've just got my new planner and am dying to decorate it (I'm saving space for Rookie yearbook 2 stickers) and so if anyone has any cool personalised notebooks/folders they want to show me for inspiration that would be fabulous (I will post them on my blog and link them if I get a few)

ellie xo

(p.s I have more posts lined up so I will be back asap!)

42 comments:

  1. Loving the outfit you look so gorgeous! These photos are great too, I'd love to see a personalised notebook thing too!

    Imogen
    www.eloquenceandflair.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look gorgeous! I love that dress/shirt xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. ahh beautiful, beautiful photos...i love the warm light! you can feel sweet summer ending~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thankyou so much! I know, it sort of happened by accident :D

      Delete
  4. Your photos make me want to go back to France again! I love seeing those huge fields of sunflowers and vineyards too! Pretty photosxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this photoshoot! The number 4 is so pretty, you look like you are in The wizard of Oz. I think the personalised notebook thing is a good idea! I have done a post about mine if you want to see : http://bgbgyeah.blogspot.ca/2013/08/beauty-school-dropout.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thankyou so much! and perfect, I'll check it out!x

      Delete
  6. absolutely incredible! you remind me of a ginger penny lane from almost famous

    xxxx
    onyx-eye.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. You always wear the cutest, nicest clothes. Im so Jeally, and I love your glasses.
    unicornskill.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow! I love your outfit! you always wear the most awesome things!!
    http://broniasbubble.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  9. These photos are gorgeous and I love your outfit!!! Do you want me to send you a few pictures of my various sketchbooks and stuff?
    Joy xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes that would be fabulous! my email is linked in my sidebar :D thankyou!xx

      Delete
  10. I love the pictures! They're so summery! Also love your shoes, they're gorgeous.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  11. these pictures are magical!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. ellieee your blog looks so perfect and these photos are fab omg<3

    ReplyDelete
  13. oh wow i love this!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. You are so lucky!! France looks amazing, I'd love to go there. I love that shirt you're wearing :))

    ReplyDelete
  15. these are so summery and perfect!! i adore you omg and your glasses are amazing. i want to go to france so so bad x

    http://myperpetualperplexities.blogspot.co.nz/

    ReplyDelete
  16. such great photos!! You look amazing as always!! How do you think of these outfits!!?
    http://flowercrownsanddaisychains.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  17. Adore this post!

    xoxo

    quixoticsoulz.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Aww wow I love these photos, the colours are so nice together.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hope school isn't too boring, but I guess it must be in comparison to your summer - it looks amazing

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love this! Images are beautiful, as is the outfit and backdrop, hope you had an amazing time in France lovely and school is ok! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Omg Sara thankyou so much! Such a huge fan of your blog <3

      Delete

Thankyou so much for your comment! I read each and every one and will try to answer any questions or queries as quick as I can ♡♡♡