california dreaming (Pretty zine review & autumn post)

Wednesday 30 October 2013

Hello again guys. I haven't got an outfit or anything for you today but I felt like I needed to post something as I have a pretty hectic few days coming up, so it might be next week before I get the chance to blog again. Anyway, I woke up the other morning to a lovely email from Sophie, sending me her zine Pretty. I had breakfast in bed and had a good read of it, and came to the conclusion that she is a zine queen. Seriously, it rocks. It's really imaginative and covers a range of things such as fashion, film, music, even fiction and recipes! It's like a proper mini-magazine and has kept so well to the 'pretty' theme. It made me think of cosy, fresh autumn mornings, crisp walks, hot drinks...I loved it and recommend you check it out. There are two other things getting me in the mood for autumn at the moment....the first being the fact that it is my birthday on Friday. I'm turning 16 and despite being excited because, who isn't excited for being the centre of attention for a day, I'm kind of petrified because 16 seems somewhat 'big'. It's like, up until now, I've been able to say 'ah, it doesn't matter - I'm only ---teen', whereas all of a sudden, it's like 'damn I'm 16 I'm supposed to be civilized and mature and DOING something with my life.' I don't know. I think it's just nerves. The other is these gorgeous autumn inspo posts from Eryn and Maya...and I loved theirs so much I thought why not make my own?!


 
(from eryn's blog)




 
(from maya's post)





 
(art by eryn and maya)






(ads I picked up from csm last spring)





 
(maya)





 
(my shoes, shirt from Hollie, palm tree top and Fleetwood mac)












 
(collage I made in summer)




 
(journal page from when I saw To Kill a Mockingbird at the regent's park open air theatre)






 
(my school shoes make me insanely happy)





(more pretty zine)




 
(ginger and rosa...I saw the film way back last year in a really old-fashioned movie theatre and loved it)




 
(tumblr)




 
(tumblr)




 
(rookie)





 
(me in Italy last spring)




 
(scans of old books)




 
(my house)






 
(my mum)







































(old family photos)

I hope you're all having a good autumn so far. I'm planning some shoots for Halloween and my birthday so you never know, watch this space!

ellie xo
p.s I apologise for the layout of this post. blogger is being temperamental and I have spent over an hour trying to fix it and can't cope anymore. I'll have better posts up soon!

18 comments:

  1. Thank you so much! I'm glad that you like the zine so much! This post is beautiful. I feel very autumnal now :') I know what you mean about turning 16. I turned 16 in August and although I feel the same, I do feel like there are now a lot more responsibilities and I'm supposed to act more grown up and it's scary but at least when you turn 16 you can legally adopt a child ;) xoxo

    http://prettypassionsfinefashions.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're very welcome, thankyou for sending it to me!

      Delete
  2. The zine looks/sounds very inspiring. :) I love this collection of photos & your pretty white shoes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday and enjoy it! Your only sixteen once :) God that makes me sound so old haha...great pics x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou! I'm sure I will....I've got two disposable cameras at the ready and intend to have the best day possible! X

      Delete
  4. You have such a witty and amazing blog Ellie, I love reading it so much! And your style is so beautiful, individual and I basically want your wardrobe c: x

    ReplyDelete
  5. lol i took the photo of the two girls doing a handstand underwater hahahaha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know I loved it so had to put it in my collage! <3

      Delete
  6. This is my first time visiting your blog. It's beautiful and this post in particular is wonderful. I'm always curious as to what imagery inspires people and gets the creative ball rolling.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope you have a great 16th! I turn 16 this february and my mom's considering taking me to new york for fashion week! (Morrissey in the vegetarian shirt also is delightful)
    http://rhinestonemoon.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou! Oh wow that would be so amazing! New York is incredible...I wish I could go to fashion week! X

      Delete
  8. The zone looks gorgeous, and all of these photos just make me swoon, your mum looks super cool and the photo of you in Italy is just so cute! Plus I'm in love with your school shoes!
    Imogen ♡
    www.eloquenceandflair.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aww, I feel so honoured to have my photos up here as inspiration! This post is awesome, I love that picture of you mum. I hope you have a wonderfully spectacular birthday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're like one of my main inspirations so I couldn't not include your work hehe! Thankyou so much, it was awesome :) x

      Delete

Thankyou so much for your comment! I read each and every one and will try to answer any questions or queries as quick as I can ♡♡♡