the times where we come from couldn't lose in blue

Wednesday 9 October 2013

 
Apologies in advance for the mismatching-ness of this post...I found these pictures from Borough Market a few weeks back and felt like I may as well post them. I do have a better post on the way, but as you probably know I have been crazy busy ever since I started back at school, with weddings, ceremonies, appointments, exhibitions, birthdays and the like, but after this weekend I am going to regain my status as a FREE WOMAN. It has been so long since I have been able to take some time out for myself or hang out with my friends and I literally cannot wait to just do nothing for once (though I'm not sure how long it'll last...I have a habit of taking on way too much and so always having something I should be doing). Hopefully my new-found freedom might result in better blogging, who knows.
 
 
(lunch in borough market was an amazing raw vegan salad...despite the fact that I am not raw vegan, or any type of vegan for that matter)
 
 
 
 
(cardigan and necklace from Beyond Retro, shirt from spitalfields market, shorts from Rokit, shoes and socks from Topshop)
 
On Saturday my family and I had a 60's themed party for my Dad's birthday, which resulted in us buying (and me eating) way too much food, dancing to old music (and the arctic monkeys for some reason?) and dressing up in ridiculous 'sixties' costumes. I say 'sixties' in inverted commas as there was some issues with costumes, meaning amongst the Beatles, two hippies (one looking very similiar to Gandalf?) and an extra from Hairspray there was Iron man and Thor. It was a lovely evening however, made even better by the absolutely fabulous cake from Coco's Cakes. (pictured below)
 
 
 
Not only was the cake made with the lightest, freshest, tastiest sponge in the world, it was filled with fresh cream and strawberries, dusted with icing sugar, and topped with a sugar paste miniature of the birthday boy himself. I've had a good few sponge cakes in my time, and this one was by far the best I have ever had the pleasure to eat. What is even better is the fact that Coco's Cakes pride themselves on using only fresh, natural ingredients (so no horrible preservatives) and still manage to create delicious (and amazingly designed) cakes at the same time. I thoroughly recommend you check out their website and like their facebook page...you won't regret it.
 
 
 
 
I wore the most gorgeous 60's shift dress I picked up from Absolute Vintage on Brick Lane last weekend, with my mum's wedding shoes. I can't believe I didn't get any proper photographs of my outfit, but I'm quite sure I'll be wearing it quite frequently and so will take some next time. I hope you are all having a good week, and I'll be back with a proper post in the next few days.

ellie xo

7 comments:

  1. Omg people dressing up as Iron Man and Thor for a sixties themed party is hilarious! I love your outfit and that salad looks delicious xoxo

    http://prettypassionsfinefashions.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. all that food looks simply divine! i would love one of those smoothies right now

    xoxoxo liza teenagefeline.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They were really good..I want one now too!

      Delete

Thankyou so much for your comment! I read each and every one and will try to answer any questions or queries as quick as I can ♡♡♡