Treat me like you did the night before

Saturday 26 October 2013

 
Happy Saturday! I apologise for the photo quality of this post...I had planned to take outfit pictures by the southbank today but it decided to rain, leaving me with no choice but boring hallway photos. I'm sorry. Anyway, I broke up from school on Thursday, and have since been crazily productive...a whole new experience for me (I used to be the world's laziest teen and I'm not even exaggerating). I got up really early on Friday and had breakfast in bed whilst finishing some dress designs for textiles; read a huge chunk of To Kill a Mockingbird which I am re-reading for school; made a start on my English exam preparation; made a fantastic sushi salad lunch; hung out with some cool girls and ate chocolate biscuits, and finally stayed over at my friend's house. We had intended to have a comforting movie night with pizza and blankets, but ended up crashing the party across the road and stealing bread and walnuts, running around Sainsbury's with pumpkins (and leaving with only a packet of black cake icing) breaking a glass full of wine and disinfecting the whole kitchen, and of course eating three pizzas between us. 'That escalated quickly' doesn't even begin to describe it. I woke up to a lovely sunny morning and honey-covered maple syrup pancake and yoghurt for breakfast. What a fabulous start to the holiday.
 
 
 
After leaving my friend's house and stumbling home makeup-less and tired, I decided to take a trip down to the Tate Modern to see the Paul Klee exhibition. My parents have been fans of his work for a while and his work is quite relevant to my current project in art, so I thought it would be worth a look just in case I could get some inspiration for my schoolwork. I wore my granny glasses from Camden market as I have finally realised that I can't actually see, so may as well start wearing them more often. My jumper and shoes are from Rokit, my skirt from Beyond Retro, and my socks from Topshop.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
The Paul Klee exhibition was amazing. I was not expecting to see such huge collection of his work, and was happily surprised to see such a wide range of his various techniques and styles on display. I loved his style and the concept behind his pieces; I can't wait to try some of his ideas out in my schoolwork....on the subject of which, I still have oodles of revision left to do.
 
ellie xo

40 comments:

  1. Love the jumper, it's supercute! I love art exhibitions, haven't been to one is sooo long! Sounds like a fun holiday xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou! Yeah I love art galleries...they're so relaxing and interesting to visit!

      Delete
  2. That whole outfit is amazing, especially the glasses!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally understand how a' comfy night in' escalates that quickly! It all sounds mad fun :) Are you heading to the Southbank sixties festival this weekend? Seems like your kind of thing... Xx

    http://rollerskag.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh omg I didn't know about it! Thankyou for telling me...I think I'll have to check it out!!!

      Delete
  4. I love your clothes and paul klee is soooo amazing :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cat sweater, cat sweater, omg cat sweater!!!! LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!!! and it's in a teacup which is even more fabulous! omg sorry I just really love cat sweaters.
    http://rhinestonemoon.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou! I know I saw it and just had to have it

      Delete
  6. love this outfit, the sweater is so cute <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. freaking out about your cute glasses and amazing outfit

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really love the jumper!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your style is so cute and don't get me started on your hair!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I. LOVE. THIS. JUMPER.

    you live in such a cool place, I'd love to be able to just go and pop into an art gallery! I miss living in a city:') your 'quiet night in' sounds so fun! xxxx

    thisisfrom-matilda.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou so much! I love the city...and yeah it was very quiet hehe! Xx

      Delete
  11. Your jumper is so pretty, love the cute detailing, also love your shoes and the socks look super cute with them.
    Sounds like you've had a lovely holiday so far, mine has been the exact opposite of yours, although I do have a mountain of textiles and revision to do!

    www.eloquenceandflair.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw no I hope you have a good holiday too! Revision does get in the way a bit though doesn't it? <3

      Delete
  12. So so so so so so so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love your outfit! Maybe I can convince my family to come with me to the Tate Modern when we're in England. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I hope you get to go, it's great!

      Delete
  14. Thankyou so much! Yeah it was great...so amazing to see!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I like your jumper! And I LOVE your smiling, so cute !!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love your jumper,and your skirt,I've wanted something dogtooth printed for ages!

    http://dandyrank.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thankyou! yeah I love dogtooth at the moment, I really want some dogtooth pants!

      Delete
  17. In love with the skirt!

    www.lexilikes.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love your socks and shoes!! Ahhh your night sounds like so much fun haha. good luck with the school work!!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thankyou! it was...a bit mad but definitely fun :D

      Delete
  19. That sounds like a great weekend! The art looks really interesting too. I love your skirt and shoes, very pretty :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. ugh you are my style icon. I know that sounds creepy but seriously, you make everything you wear look gorgeous! Plus your hair is to die for. You are very lucky and very beautiful. Congratulations?

    ReplyDelete
  21. wow i love your shoes! and your outfit is so nice. you've made me want to go to the tate modern now!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  22. Big fan of Paul Klee, but I think I'm a bigger fan of that jumper, not many people could pull that off!

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou so much for your comment! I read each and every one and will try to answer any questions or queries as quick as I can ♡♡♡