well you are still a young girl, and you've bought everything in style

Sunday 6 October 2013

 
On Friday evening I was lucky enough to be invited to attend a Jewellery party at Hirst Antiques in Notting Hill, and able to take some photographs in store to share with you guys. The shop itself is an Aladdin's cave, full to bursting with the most amazing antique and costume jewellery collected by it's owner Amanda Wrigley (who is so lovely). There is so much to take in, from real Vivienne Westwood and Karl Lagerfeld pieces to cute, quirky little animal rings and brooches, and enough diamonds to keep a thousand girls happy. You could spend forever browsing the busy cabinets, organised into shelves depending on colour and style, and are sure to find at least ten things that you absolutely must have...and can have, too, as prices range from bargains to a hundred pounds and over. Each piece sold has been chosen and displayed with so much care, and you get the feeling that, despite being a good business, Hirst Antiques is about sharing a passion for beautiful things, and not about just making money.
 
 
 
 
The shop was closed for us to browse, and we were treated to Prosecco and Lemonade in gorgeous glasses, tied up with ribbon and decorated with rings or charms (like the shoe earring pictured above). I genuinely felt like a celebrity, or a member of the royal family or something (though unlike our Harry I managed to keep my clothes on). I couldn't get over how beautiful everything was...everywhere I looked their was another pair of earrings, or a bangle or bracelet that caught my eye.  
 
 
 
I didn't get a full picture of my outfit but I'll tell you anyway that I wore a cardigan from Clothes Show Live, a football shirt from the East End Thrift Store, and a belt and tartan skirt from Beyond Retro. The skirt is one of my favourite pieces at the moment as it makes me feel like I'm in Clueless.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Each shelf is like a shrine; heaped with jewellery and inspiration, and pictures line the cabinets, giving you even more to look at as you browse items from both now and days gone by. You almost want to climb inside and physically explore.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

 I had an absolutely wonderful evening; almost dream-like, it was so perfect. The shop is a gold mine of classic, eccentric and kitsch pieces, and is so worth a trip if you live in London or are visiting the area.
 
 
ellie xo

29 comments:

  1. Oh my god this looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ughhh this looks so beautiful, all the shelves stacked with so much pretty jewellery. Love this kind of post and your outfit looks adorable, tye skirt os definitely channelling the whole Cher vibe
    Imogen ♡
    www.eloquenceandflair.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks so incredible!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow, what a treasure trove of amazing stuff! You could spend all day in there for sure! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow!! so much jewelry I wouldn't even know where to look first. very beautiful. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wooaah I love these photos, it reminds me of Todd Selby's style a bit, I love it!xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Vivienne Westwood jewelry?! Like, omg, i would faint! ( i think). When I was in New York City (my mom ''coincidentally'' got us a hotel in the fashion district) I saw real vintage Schiaparelli jewelry, along with vintage Dior and Chanel pieces, at the FIT museum. The Schiaparelli was the best. I think the beauty of a fashion's houses jewelry is that they don't primarily work in jewelry, so they put a ton of work and thinking into those jewelry pieces. That store looks awesome! (and the Prince Harry joke? i'm American and i still lol'd)
    http://rhinestonemoon.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha thankyou! and wow you are so lucky, I would love to go back to new york <3

      Delete
  8. Love the store! It looks amazing, I really want to go there! x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just found your blog and I love it! Your style is so unique! Also I would have died there! Antique jewelry is so perfect <3

    http://thegirlwithone-eye.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow there's so much to look at! What a wonderful place, i'd love to explore it if i ever get the chance to visit London again. :)
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the controlled clutter of it :) it kind of reminds me of Tavi's room and her shrines ahaha;

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah it does! that's probably why it appeals to me so much!x

      Delete
  12. blimey that looks like my dream place. this post makes me want to buy some more jewellery, love them sparkles and your photography too xx
    The Frill Seeker

    ReplyDelete
  13. so so beautiful!!! god would i love to go there!! <3

    http://myperpetualperplexities.blogspot.co.nz/

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is an amazing blog Ellie!!! It was such a great night :D I even got into one of the photos :p You really sold the shop!!!! Thanks for sharing this ^_^ Love it!!! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou so much Alana!! Had such a great time :) xxx

      Delete
  15. ohmy! all the jewellery is amazing I want to go there now!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your pictures are always so lovely,and places like that are the best because you can always discover treasures! <3

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou so much for your comment! I read each and every one and will try to answer any questions or queries as quick as I can ♡♡♡