In an octopus's garden in the shade

Wednesday 6 November 2013

 
Hello again. I'm still waiting for the film from my birthday to be developed, so instead I've got a kind of autumn-y outfit post for you guys today. Recently I've been really getting into the autumn spirit, and it all kind of manifested into this outfit that I wore to the Radio 1 Teen Awards on Sunday. My cousin sorted out some tickets for two and my friends and I to go to the event at Wembley Arena, and we actually had a really good time...despite being a little bit clueless about some of the performers (I'm much more of a bowie girl than a directioner if I'm honest) we had such a laugh and got to see Fall Out Boy; I had a serious obsession with them for the best part of four years so I was a pretty happy bunny. We also got on TV (I'm wearing a Rita Ora mask but whatever) which was seriously awesome. It was a fantastic experience with a great atmosphere and reminded me of how much I love events like it.

I got this Tatty Devine necklace for my birthday a few years ago and I absolutely adore it...I feel like I have a connection with foxes because we share the same hair colour. When I was about 7 I was asked what I wanted to be when I grew up,  and I replied 'A Fox.'
 


























(all inspiration photos from Rookie)
Hope you are all having a good week...I had my English GCSE on Tuesday which was incredibly stressful, but totally worth it as afterwards my English teacher treated us to 500 days of summer and two huge boxes of chocolates to share in our lesson. The pressure isn't completely off though, as my mock exams start in about two weeks and so I'm on a tight revision schedule...and I'm already getting behind (I have 36 illustrations due by 4pm tomorrow afternoon). It's weird because I'm actually really enjoying everything I'm doing at the moment...having a lot to do seems to make me do more, and enjoy the little things like breakfast in bed and reading more than I used to when I didn't really do anything. I feel like the more work I do the more breaks and treats I can have, and the more I enjoy them. Who knows, maybe I'm actually getting the hang of school at last.
hugs,

ellie xo

24 comments:

  1. The skirt is very lovely! I love your combination <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah such a lovely Autumn outfit :~)

    ReplyDelete
  3. GCSEs are so tough! Was it coursework or an exam that you did in English? Good luck with the rest of the revision etc. and the outfit is lovely (esp. that adorable fox necklace) xx

    http://rollerskag.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was my paper one exam :P thankyou so much! X

      Delete
  4. Love the skirt, looks so good with the outfit!
    x

    http://likeafleur.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  5. your top is too cool for words, and these photos are just gorgeous! It is sweet that you wanted to be a fox when you grew up, you do remind me of one! ^^

    ReplyDelete
  6. 'I feel like the more work I do the more breaks and treats I can have, and the more I enjoy them.' this is what I've been feeling lately, too! And it's kind of stressful to have a lot to do sometimes, but in the end, I feel proud and happy, and I guess that's really important. The outfit is amazing, btw!
    xx
    www.riotsandroses.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thankyou! I agree...it's all about how you feel! <3

      Delete
  7. Love the granny vintage style of your outfit, especially the oversized collar and the tatty devine necklace is the cutest. Hope you had a good time at the teen awards!
    Imogen ♡
    www.eloquenceandflair.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  8. That fox necklace is so adorable and I'm so jealous you got to see fall out boy!! Good luck with the mock exams! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. your pictures are always so beautiful, what kind of camera do you use?
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thankyou! I usually use a nikon d3000 :) x

      Delete
  10. i love you, i love you, i love you ♥
    http://fashionbytwogirls.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Rose! I love your little fox necklace :) You seem like a lovely person; I can relate to your bio. I'm a new follower- if you're interested you may follow me as well, in the meantime I look forward to reading more!

    aclassystateofgrace.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thankyou so much! such a lovely comment <3

      Delete
  12. I adore your skirt and your necklace. Good luck with your mocks! I know what you mean about liking having lots to do. I have a ridiculous amount of work due in tomorrow and it kind of annoys me how I haven't had as much time for blogging and writing and reading but when I do get the time now, I think I appreciate it more. Sometimes, though, I'm too tired to do anything other than listen to music and go on tumblr. Sigh. I'm glad that you had a good time at the Radio 1 Teen Awards xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy birthday ^^
    The outfits is almost too cute, really. How do you do that?!?!?!

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou so much for your comment! I read each and every one and will try to answer any questions or queries as quick as I can ♡♡♡