get on your dancing shoes, there's one thing on your mind

Saturday 7 December 2013































Hello guys! Today I went to Clothes Show Live in Birmingham for the second time. I went last year and loved it, but this year it was definitely more organised with more quality and vintage stalls, so I had a fabulous time rooting through all of the things they had on sale. The show itself isn't really what I'd imagine to be my sort of thing, but there was a whole section of the NEC hall devoted to vintage and secondhand clothing, all at really competitive prices (one-off denim jackets for £25 etc). I thoroughly enjoyed myself and managed to get a good few bargains, all of which I'm sure will be on this blog soon.
































I wore a sunflower dress from camden market with a Beyond Retro cardigan, rokit boots, topshop socks and a charity shop shirt. The pin was my mum's from when she was a teenager.

































It was too busy to take good pictures in the actual hall but I managed to do some awkward posing just outside. I got a few weird looks but you know, it's all for the greater good right?
































I actually had a really nice day out, and am now relaxing with tea and yoghurt before running out again to a friend's birthday. I hope you are all having a good weekend...I can't wait to get this busy week done so I can post a little less erratically again! hugs,

ellie xo

21 comments:

  1. lovely yellow flowers! I really like how you put everything together in this outfit. it all belongs together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really wanted to go to the clothes show this year! Unfortunately I wasn't organised enough to get myself there, but I'm glad you had fun x

    http://whimsicalprocrastination.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh you look gorgeous, the cardigan and dress go so well together! <3

    http:///britishmermaid.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the semi-clashing cardigan and sunflower dress, you've given me some inspiration
    and the socks too ahhhh so kawaii <3

    http://secret-hipster.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
  5. this outfit is awesome one of my favourites!!

    weirdoland - pigeongray.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your outfit is gorgeous. I'm glad that you had a good time xoxo

    http://prettypassionsfinefashions.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  7. So pretty! Sounds like a great event, too :)
    Xxx
    http://rollerskag.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  8. The long sweater is awesome... since I've been little I've loved 80's-90's fashion. Glad the style is coming back!
    http://rhinestonemoon.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome florals! Sounds like a fun day :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I thought that dress was from american apparel for a sec, great find!

    Laura
    www.thefoxtrails.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Yeah it's like the exact same print!

      Delete
  11. Wooow perfect snap!

    ReplyDelete
  12. love this outfit so much! super cute!

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou so much for your comment! I read each and every one and will try to answer any questions or queries as quick as I can ♡♡♡