haven't had a dream in a long time

Monday 9 December 2013

Hello again. It feels like ages since my last post (which was only saturday?!) but I had a really busy weekend and thought I may as well share some of these photos with you, while I have some time at last. Mock exams have literally worked me into the ground, but as they're all done and dusted for this year I can relax a little and get back into blogging more frequently.
As I mentioned in my last post I went to Birmingham for Clothes Show Live on Saturday morning, and then I went to a sleepover party for my friend's birthday. We ate classy kebabs and chocolate brownies and popcorn and watched movies and made a music video to one direction...it was awesome. After a lovely pain au chocolat for breakfast I ventured out to Oxford Street and Covent Garden on Sunday to try and do a spot of Christmas Shopping...which didn't exactly go to plan as I ended up just spending my birthday vouchers in Beyond Retro and Topshop and getting squat for my friends and family. Oops. 































I wore my new shoes (they're camper bowling shoes omgomgomgomg), cardigan, shirt and bag from Clothes Show, with leggings, and my teddy bear socks from Topshop. Taking these pictures was really awkward as halfway through shooting a man decided to pop out from the door behind me, which was totally unexpected and made me completely jump out of my skin.


I absolutely adore this 'Talented Tote' bag from http://www.doodle-bag.com/...it's really sturdy and oh so cute at the same time. The robin logo makes it perfect for christmas too.


We then had dinner out in my favourite place ever (Maxwells in Covent Garden) where I discovered the best restaurant dessert I've ever had...warm apple pie with icing sugar, caramel sauce and cinnamon ice cream. It was like heaven and I wish I had taken a photo to show you but unfortunately it didn't last very long. Afterwards we decided to walk around Covent Garden for a while and soak up all the christmassy atmosphere. I spent forever in the Moomin shop and would have bought lots and lots of cute tin mugs if they hadn't of been so expensive.



That's all I've got for you today...I have a review coming up shortly, and then I'm going to Eleanor Hardwicke's zine launch on Thursday and will probably have a post from then. Hope you're all well,

ellie xo

19 comments:

  1. I went to the clothes show too! The vintage stalls were so good and it looks like you bought some lovely things. Covent Garden is one of my favourite places <3 And I am incredibly jealous of those socks.

    www.lexilikes.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thankyou! yeah the vintage stalls were so good this year...really good prices too! shame I didn't bump into you hehe <3

      Delete
  2. Love your sweater! I am a total Christmas-themed junkie and it looks so great for the holidays! xo

    stylenative.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your bowling shoes & sweater! that old piano is very cool.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou! And yeah I found it outside a pub opposite the theatre royal and thought it looked really cool :')

      Delete
  4. These photos are gorgeous, I spend way too long dreaming what it'd be like to have London on your doorstep, we only live just over half an hour away but its so nice to have it so close! Your outift is so pretty, the shoes are way way cool.
    Imogen <3
    www.eloquenceandflair.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou so much! Yeah I think I forget how lucky I am to actually live in the city, I'm just so used to it I can't imagine being anywhere else! Sometimes I wish I lived by the sea or in a little village though x

      Delete
  5. You look so sweet! And I adore the bag - have a soft spot for birds and insects. :) x

    ReplyDelete
  6. oooh I love Covent Garden so much at Christmas! love your outfit, the jumper is super cute <3

    http://britishmermaid.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. same it's so lovely there! and thanks :) x

      Delete
  7. Are you going post the 1D video? It sounds really fun! I actually tried to make one last night but it was just me flailing around the kitchen and ended in me hitting my knee on the table *ouch*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would love to! It's on a video star app on my friend's phone though, but I'm sure if I get the link off her I'l post it on twitter. There's a lot of me dancing out of time! <3 also aw your poor knee! hope it's better!

      Delete
  8. I love your outfit - your socks and shoes are the coolest things ever omg

    also the clothes show sounds so fun! xxxx

    thisisfrom-matilda@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. You always look so so cool,this whole outfit is fab!! xox

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh shit ellie those shoes are soooo fab!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I really wanted some saddle shoes but then I found these and felt they were a good replacement! <3

      Delete
  11. I love Maxwell's! My family and I eat there everytime we're in London. Your outfit is perfect, I love everything you put together. Especially the cardigan!
    - Lauren x

    plasticpastels.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thankyou so much! and I know it is the best restaurant...I love it! <3

      Delete

Thankyou so much for your comment! I read each and every one and will try to answer any questions or queries as quick as I can ♡♡♡