To gather flowers constantly, and to come each time you call

Thursday 19 December 2013



Hello again. I can't really believe it's only six days until Christmas...it feels like I lost a month or two of this year to exams, but they're over now and I'm free to enjoy myself again, at last. I got my results on Friday and I actually didn't do that badly, so all is well on this side of the pond at the moment. I'm now ready to completely and utterly devote myself into getting into the Christmas spirit...which might take a lot of work considering the fact that I have yet to have my first mince pie of 2013 (shock horror). I'm totally in the mood for it this year though, and am looking forward to doing all kinds of christmassy things like going to Winter Wonderland in Hyde Park, baking cakes and cookies, wearing a billion cosy jumpers and watching movies by the light of the christmas tree.

































On Sunday I took a quick trip down to Spitalfields to pick up a few presents for my family, and had planned a really awesome shoot for you guys...however by the time I got the chance to take any photos it was already dark and everything was closing up for the night. This did not put me in the best of moods but I took some pictures anyway, and am hoping to take some better ones in the near future. I wore my yellow coat from River Island, knit top from Rokit, skirt and shoes from Rokit and socks from Topshop.
































This is probably the first year I've actually bought myself a proper winter coat...I tend to go off of things quite quickly and so often don't like to spend too much on any one item of clothing, however this time I think I may have officially fallen in love and I am not even embarrassed to admit it. I was innocently browsing in River Island, on the hunt for a pair of pyjamas for a friend's present, when I practically walked into this coat on a rail in the front of the store. It was pretty much love at first sight, and since then it has barely left my side, being surprisingly versatile despite it's mustard-y colour. It's also quite warm too, and fits perfectly with the yellowy/autumnal hues that are so appealing to me at the moment.































I got these earrings as a present from my parents, and they are just the coolest thing and matched my outfit so perfectly. They are little gold hoops embellished with hand-painted flowers and a little chicken charm, which I think is incredible because how often do you find earrings with chickens on them?! They were from a gorgeous little shop in Covent Garden and came in a beautiful duck-egg green box, which smells heavenly.They must have sprayed it with a tonne of perfume because it's been in my room for almost a week now and the scent still lingers around it as if I had bought it yesterday.































In other news, I had my first wagamama meal the other day in celebration of my mock results, and am now obsessed. I'm not even joking, it's like an addiction or something. I've been craving noodles ever since.


































(Some disposables from life recently)

That's pretty much all I have for you tonight, but I am hoping to get some better pictures and write some better posts for you guys over the holidays. I break up from school tomorrow (yay) so hopefully there will be some good things to come for this blog in the next few days. I also want to say thank you to each and every one of you who have taken the time to read this blog and follow me - I hit 400 followers yesterday and I can't really believe so many lovely people are so supportive of me. I love you all, and am going to do a big giveaway again to say thanks just like I did when I hit 100 followers all those months ago. Much love to you all, hope you are having a good run-up to christmas!
ellie xo

35 comments:

  1. I LOVE your coat - it's a beautiful shape and the colour is gorgeous:) Ellie you need to get eating mince pies, it's only a week to go and you haven't started yet?!? I'm proud to say I've single handedly made my way through about three boxes! These disposables are so pretty, and congrats on 400 followers! My mum works next door to a wagamamas, and I'm eternally jealous haha:)

    xxxx

    thisisfrom-matilda.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou so much! You're so lovely hehe :) and don't worry, I'm sure I will make my way through a few this weekend! X

      Delete
  2. that coat is cute, you wear it so well
    and ahh those earrings!? I love small enamel charms but you've given my heaps of good ideas to DIY a gorgeous pair myself :-)

    http://secret-hipster.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou so much! Yeah I love them, and ooh I want to DIY some now!

      Delete
  3. This is so pretty! I've given up on finding a winter coat this year, as all the exciting ones seem to be far too pricey, but your mustard number is gorgeous. Massive congrats on good results and - wow- 400 followers!!! You deserve them all gal :)
    Xxx
    http://rollerskag.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. These photos are so lovely! as is your new coat, that colour is perfect. glad your results were good! xo
    http://www.739051.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. your coat is such a nice color. :) I've had the same coat for a few years now, it is good when you find one you love.

    & those earrings are so perfect!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your outfits are so well put together, like Alexa Chung :) Your posts also always make me want to go thrift shopping for new clothes. I've been stuck in the ones I have for too long!
    http://rhinestonemoon.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. eeee thankyou!! (she is such an icon omg) <3

      Delete
  7. All the pictures are so pretty and i really miss the christmas vibes in London :(

    ReplyDelete
  8. i think i just feel in love with your blog! i adore your braided hair here and your winter coat! so lovely!

    lindsey louise

    hellomrrabbitblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a lovely coat! Really pretty outfit too.
    Mm noodles are so delicious. Congrats on 400 followers and your exam results. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. ohmy I LOVE that outfit, your coat is wonderful!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Mustard yellow in a coat - now that is genius thinking people. Looking amazing as always Ellie! xo

    http://www.lexilikes.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. ur coat is 2 die 4 xo
    www.where-is-frank.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ellie you always manage to look so darn cool. love the socks with the skirt and top, and that coat is so cool, especially for River Island, it looks vintage!

    Imogen <3
    www.eloquenceandflair.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou so much! And yeah lots of people have said that too!

      Delete
  14. You look SOOO cute! I love the outfit!

    xx
    Inés
    www.riotsandroses.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Those earrings are gorgeous and I love your coat, I'd love one like that! And Wagamama is sooo good! I hope you have a good christmas Ellie! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm so glad I found your blog on Bloglovin! I absolutely adore it. Your style is impeccable. xx

    Megan
    lonefaerie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. I absolutely adore your outfit! I was wondering, by your permission and state that it belongs to you, that I post it on my fashion inspirations account on instagram? If you want to know it is "alischic". Please let me know!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. of course! thank you! tag me, my instagram is @elliecp_
      xx

      Delete
  18. Love your outfit, you are too cute!! :)
    I'd really appreciate if you could check out my style blog! www.freckledfeline.blogspot.com
    Thank you!! <3

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou so much for your comment! I read each and every one and will try to answer any questions or queries as quick as I can ♡♡♡