she'll feel those needles and pins (London Fashion Week Day 4)

Monday 17 February 2014


Hello again. It's so nice to be able to post every day...when I'm at school, I don't have enough time to take pictures to put up more than twice or three times a week, so to have enough content to update daily is a whole new thing to me (and I kind of love it). Today was my third (and unfortunately final) day at London Fashion Week. My outfits for the first two days had been pretty much sorted in my head, however this morning proved a challenge as I ended up faced with an entire wardrobe full of clothes and yet absolutely nothing to wear. I opted for a sort of wartime-meets-60s-meets-grandma kind of look, and wore my coat from River Island with a shirt from Blitz, cardigan from Clothes Show, skirt from a vintage market in France and clutch, belt and cute shoes from Beyond Retro









I found these beauties in Beyond Retro a few months ago, but haven't actually had the chance to wear them until today. They make me think of during and post war women's fashion, and make the most fabulous noise as you walk. You could almost mistake me for being sophisticated.





Today was definitely the quietest day...I did my usual stroll around, and bumped into a few familiar faces, before finding out that my outfit from yesterday had made it's way into the LFW Daily newspaper. I also hung around at the entrance with some really lovely photographers, who were so chatty and reminded me how lovely everyone has been this past weekend. The fashion industry has a bit of a reputation for being quite competitive and exclusive, but from what I've seen it's actually a really nice community of quite like-minded, artistic people.
I then made my way into Covent Garden, and had a lovely stroll through Neal's Yard (mm pret soup) before catching the bus home, and befriending a lady who decided to tell me her life story. I love talking to new people - I am fascinated by the idea that two people can meet only briefly, and yet impact each other in some way. I have a habit of talking to people in queues and on buses, it seems.




Anyway, I have to go into school for the next two days to finish my textiles project, and so unfortunately I won't be able to go to the last day of LFW. I feel as if I've really done it though...I've been up at 7am every day, been windswept, rained on, blinded by the sun and frozen all in the space of three days, lost and found my voice, blistered both feet, and loved absolutely every second of it. Bring on next year.

ellie xo

26 comments:

  1. this is such a cute outfit! you looked effortless every day :0 i love your style :) x
    Holly │Flower Crowns and Daisy Chains

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you had an absolutely fab time, London has such a wonderful atmosphere you are so lucky to live there, people have this stereotyped view of business people who dint talk to each other on tubes but its really not, your shoes look absolutely gorgeous, you rock the retro 40/50s vibe.
    Imogen
    www.eloquenceandflair.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your tights and skirt are to die for!
    http://howfittingblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Saw you in the newpaper and loved your outfit x
    http://looklovewear.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I actually saw you at Fashion Week yesterday, your outfit was completely adorable x

    The London Project

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your outfit is adorable and kudos on the newspaper feature - so legit.

    Glitter Daiquiri

    ReplyDelete
  7. such a cute outfit! love the vintage clothes x

    http://lifeofacameo.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  8. I fall in love with this coat every time you wear it gaaaah:** xxx

    thisisfrom-matilda.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is gonna sound super stupid... but did you see Harry Styles? I heard/saw he was there

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No I didn't hehe! I think he went to the shows at the Tate x

      Delete
  10. I went to LFW for the first time ever today and, though I was a bit timid and clueless, it was a fab experience! So excited for next time. You're right, the atmosphere is sooo nice and people are happy to chat and take pictures (not always the case on the street). Massive congrats on your feature in the paper!!
    Xxx
    http://rollerskag.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou! Yeah it is so great down there. Shame I didn't see you!

      Delete
  11. Those shoes are fab! Ah in the lfw paper that's so cool! Looks like so much fun <3

    http://www.lexilikes.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. Just discovered your blog, and I am loving it! Such a cute outfit, and your hair is so beautiful
    Lucia's Loves
    x

    ReplyDelete
  13. you remind me of Carrie Bradshaw from the Carrie Diaries so much

    -- http://kivnow.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. In love with your tights and your shoes <3

    cultkid.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. your style is so funky! i WAAAANNT your tights seriously! xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. You Looks Awesome in the this Trendy Sunglasses..thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou so much for your comment! I read each and every one and will try to answer any questions or queries as quick as I can ♡♡♡