Company Magazine Style Blogger Awards 2014

Thursday 19 June 2014

 I'm not sure where to begin with this post - yesterday evening was one of the most amazing experiences I've had (and by far the most exciting in connection with my blog) and if I'm completely honest my head is still in a bit of a muddle after the shock of actually winning 'Best Teen Style Blogger' in the Company Style Blogger Awards 2014!
It was a dream come true to even just be shortlisted for an award considering how much I admire Company magazine and all of the lovely people behind it, and so to win was quite literally mind-blowing, especially as there were so many other deserving bloggers present too. I can't thank you all enough for taking the time to follow this blog, comment on my posts and of course to those of you who voted - it really does mean the world (no matter how typical and cliché that sounds!)



I was quite nervous about being at such a big event with so many other people also into fashion, and so my outfit was a little last-minute as I took ages to decide what to wear. I opted for a shirt dress (worn as a jacket) and belt from Beyond Retro, with a vest from a car boot sale, shirt from Pop Boutique, skirt from Motel, tights from Topshop, shoes from Office and bag from Clobber. The whole ensemble was pretty much based around the jacket - I wanted to go with the yellow and green theme, and thought I may as well make it a tricolour event and threw my orange belt in too. I like the way the three colours and multiple patterns really clash together - clashing is seriously the way forward.
Anyway, before the awards I met up for a late lunch/early dinner in Nandos with the gorgeous Adora Mehitabel, who was also nominated for an award. It was so lovely to be able to vent my nerves with someone who totally understood how I was feeling. We then met up with lots of lovely ladies including Georgina from Notes La Mode, the girls from Our Cheap Frills, Jade-Jenna from Pure Vanity Photography, Joe from Unlimited by JK and the amazing Amy and Naomi from Two Shoes One Pair. 
The Oval Space itself (quite a big, plain building) had been completely done up for the evening, with a BBQ hotdog stand, ice cream, flowers galore and of course views of the sun setting over the city. The main hall was huge, with massive windows running down one side, and a sweet little balcony with deckchairs. It was a little oasis in the middle of the quite industrial-feeling East London, and really gave the night a lovely atmosphere.





The awards themselves were announced fairly early, which was a Godsend as my nerves were really starting to kick in, and it was just so hard trying to relax when you knew the night could have one of two very different outcomes.
Hosted by the gorgeous Becca Dudley, the presentation went smoothly, although I was surprised that quite a few of my friends didn't win in their category. The moment I heard my name read out I literally froze, and if it wasn't for the amazing Adora and everyone I probably would not have remembered to actually go up on stage to receive the award. The whole thing felt like a total out-of-body experience, and after being whisked off to do a little interview with Becca, I returned to the room feeling much like I was on another planet. I didn't really expect to win at all - I won't deny I was really hoping to, but considering the amount of amazing blogs I was up against I was quite sure I didn't stand a chance. It still hasn't really sunk in properly.


























The rest of the night passed by in an excited blur. Everyone working at Company and all of the other bloggers were just so friendly and sociable, you couldn't really help but have a great time. It was lovely to be able to finally meet the people you have known online for ages, and for some reason everyone just seemed so bubbly and lovely in real life. I also met a number of new people who I can't wait to see again. It was lovely to see Jojo from Miss Jojangles Lilly from Fashion Scholar, Kayla Hadlington, Leanne from Thunder and Threads, Sinead from Hackney Rose, Lauryn from Lauryn's Notebook and Rachel from Rachel's Fashion Patch...plus so many more amazing people that I can't possibly list them all!
We were also all given a huge goodie bag filled with loads of cute treats, which I intend to eat/use as soon as possible (and probably all at once).
  
Instagram update...1) Joe, Georgina, Adora and I 2) Georgina and I with our new-found homegirl Elle 3) Me with my award taken by Becca Dudley 4) Polaroid of Rachel, her cousin and I from Rachel's instagram

It still feels like yesterday was a dream - I can't thank everyone at Company and you all enough for all the support, and for giving me this amazing opportunity! Huge hugs and much love


54 comments:

  1. Massive congratulations are in order it would appear! Well done, very much deserved. Looks like a fantastic night too x

    Charlotte / coloursandcarousels

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ellie so proud of you I remember nominating you like 3 months ago for the award because you really deserved it hehe, I'm not sure how it works but I am pretty sure, that I was the one who nominated you because you blogged about it the next day about being nominated hehe, but anyways!!! YOU SO DESERVED IT !!!! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thankyou SOOOO much! I owe it to you hehe!

      Delete
  3. Congrats Ellie! this is just the beginning for you, there's so much more you have left
    Even though blogging is for fun, it can be a lot of hard work too so all you're hard work has payed off :)

    http://secret-hipster.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
  4. CONGRATULATIONS ONCE AGAIN!! Last night was absolutely surreal and to go to school today felt absolutely bizarre after such an amazing night! After our many online natters it was lovely to match a face to your online persona and I was far from disappointed! Thank you so much for the mention - I feel another potential meet up is in due later in the summer? Perhaps a bunch of us (Jojo especially haha) could go for a picnic or something in Greenwich park:) you deserved to win so much, I'm over the moon for you (I was rooting for you more than myself most of the time)!! much love, lauryn xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thankyou so much, it was so lovely to meet you too, and definitely a picnic would be fab! x

      Delete
  5. Aw Congrats! I love your blog and that green jacket is so lovely ~~ have a great summer ~~ I live in London too, it would be so fab to meetup? Email me if youre around georgie.wilsonn@gmail.com ? cute xo
    where-is-frank.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thankyou so much! totally, we'll have to organise something!

      Delete
  6. Yay! I'm so happy for you, you really deserve it Ellie!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aw, congrats! Love your shirt dress too, glad you had a good time and a well deserved win!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. beautiful! congrats!
    xx

    daniella

    simplybeautifulelegant.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. ahhhhh congratulations so much! I was so happy for you when I saw this... i was worried you wouldn't win just because you deserve it so much... i look forward to your posts every week!
    http://criticallycouture.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. wowowowowow!!! this so awesome well done!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations, Ellie!! You deserve it, great job!!
    <3

    http://lilliputianlilac.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yey! Well done hunny! Was lovely meeting you! So glad you won, especially how nervous you was before. Hope you have a great weekend celebrating! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thankyou so much! so lovely meeting you too xx

      Delete
  13. Wow well done, you really deserve it i love your blog! :)

    Love Emma xx

    www.collagemepretty.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congratulations!
    You truly deserve it, I really enjoy reading your blog.
    Also, this set of clothings are so nice!

    ReplyDelete
  15. your outfit is lovely. congratulations on winning!! it's well deserved :) i'm glad you had a fabulous time xoxo

    http://prettypassionsfinefashions.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  16. Major congratulations! That's amazing....and so are you, so it's great that you won! Must have been a really cool experience! Btw, the lighting in your outfit shots here was so nice~

    ReplyDelete
  17. Congratulations and this is so well deserved! Your outfit was absolutely beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I voted for you! You deserved it lovely x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow! Congratulations! Your outfit looked great by the way!

    http://noirebeau.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  20. awh congrats! i'm happy for you. i voted too ;) you deserved it cause you're a style queen!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Massive congrats Ellie! You absolutely deserve it <3 so happy for you

    http://www.lexilikes.com/

    ReplyDelete
  22. Congratulations again Ellie! These are such lovely photos from the night and it was so lovely meeting you! Hopefully our paths will cross again in the near future!

    www.rachelsfashionpatch.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. Congratulations Ellie! Such an amazing achievement x

    rubys-eyes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. Congratulations Ellie, I'm so glad you won!
    Amy c: x

    http://whateverhappenedtofaywray.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  25. ahh congratulations! just came across your blog and i am laaavin it! seriously your style is amazing
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  26. Congratulations! Looks amazing xx

    cultkid.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  27. Didn't really get to talk with you as I would have loved to as we were both shortlisted for best teen style blogger but congratulations. The best lady definitely won :) x

    www.fashionkiller.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thankyou so much! I really appreciate it x

      Delete
  28. Oh my gooooodness, congratulations!! Ugh, why don't I live in the UK - there's so many lovely blogging things where you get to meet so many cool like-minded people! Gawsh I'd love something like that here. Anyway, you're a babe and I love the outfit you wore ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  29. congratulations! I knew you would win :) You always look gorgeous ellie x

    love from Holly │ The English Eccentric

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou so much for your comment! I read each and every one and will try to answer any questions or queries as quick as I can ♡♡♡