I'll say I can't tell you when

Monday 21 July 2014


Once again, I seem to be posting a sort of Saturday catch-up on a Monday morning. I really do need to try and master the ability to post about things the day they happen, and not a few days later. Oh well. This outfit was from a typical trip to Oxford Street to try and pick up some last minute things for our holiday in a week or so. My family and I tend to go back to the same little house in France for two weeks every year, and to be quite honest those two weeks (filled with nothing but endless reading, sunbathing, swimming and basically enjoying having nothing to do) are the only thing that keep me sane for the rest of the year. There is something so relaxing about being somewhere that is foreign - no one knows who you are, no one knows what you are saying, you're not going to bump into old neighbours or relatives and you can sort of just live anonymously for a little while. It's so peaceful, and is going to be such a welcome break from exams and work and the panic of trying to cram everything in to the last few weeks of summer. It's also a nice way to refresh and recollect myself before starting sixth form in September...and will hopefully give me some time to carry on trying to prepare for Art A-Level (I need all the help I can get).





I wore my new floral top I found in a charity shop for about £3. There are so many where I live but only a really select few nice things in each of them, so finding anything often takes a good bit of searching. I had a field day recently though  and found this shirt, a 60s-ish Topshop shirt, a long floral skirt for France and a cute old jacket that looks like it belonged to Saffy from Absolutely Fabulous. The shorts and bag are from Rokit and the socks and shoes are from Topshop.



In other news, Dahlia Fashion sent me a really beautiful white dress and asked me to try and style it in three different ways. The colour alone was something new for me, as I don't wear much white - however I really liked it, and think I'm definitely going to be wearing it more often. The shape was so pretty and timeless, with the modern cut-away back panels that remind me of the flowy crop tops being sold in American Apparel at the moment.






For the first outfit I went for a very simple white-on-white look, and wore the dress with white tights and white lace-pattern kitten heels. I thought this was a nice, toned-down way of wearing the dress and would be perfect for both day-time garden parties or barbecues as well as evening events.




My second outfit was a more eclectic mix, and took a few more ideas from the sixties theme I had been following. I chose to wear the dress with a cropped leopard jacket from Beyond Retro, and a red bow bracelet from Hirst Antiques. I loved the way these pieces worked with the white lace, and felt the white gave them more of a classy feel than if the dress had been black or some other colour.




My last outfit was a typical odd one - for the more adventurous, I thought pairing the dress with a pair of bright patterned tights would give it that quirky, summery edge. The tights and shoes are Topshop.

Anyway, I hope you have a good week, and thank you to Dahlia for the dress.


13 comments:

  1. I love every outfit you have shown here. All are so cute with a little of your quirk thrown in there for good measure. I love thrifting. I recently found this awesome turquoise sweater with a lace collar at a yard sale for $1. I can't wait for it to be a little cooler to wear it.

    Theatricality by Mariah

    ReplyDelete
  2. adorable jacket!
    x
    daniella
    simplybeautifulelegant.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahh, love the little black bag!
    Oh, and I really like the tights xx

    On a Bed of Flowers

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your outfits are always the loveliest thing!! That white dress is beau xx
    www.where-is-frank.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. That dress is gorgeous, you're right, such a timeless piece! Also love the way you styled your first outfit, the white belt seems to really tie the shorts and the shirt in together. Hope you enjoy your holiday xo
    loveheartsandfairydust.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. that floral top is so pretty! (and the dress too, of course!)
    tanya / whoistanya

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't tell you how much I love that white dress with the white flats... it's so gorgeous!

    LES CAROUSELS

    ReplyDelete
  8. Every single piece is gorgeous! That leopard jacket is to die for<3

    http://thestyleunknown.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those shoes are absolutely gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You're beautiful. I kind envy you. I mean, I'm transwoman... I think, it's complicated. But I know that definitely I wish I were pretty like you LOL

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou so much for your comment! I read each and every one and will try to answer any questions or queries as quick as I can ♡♡♡