because everything that you said rings true

Saturday 30 August 2014


At the start of the summer I met up with the wonderful Kitty Gallannaugh to do a little shoot in Hyde Park. I'd seen her work previously and loved her dreamy, vintage style, something I find quite hard to achieve myself with my own photography. It was a lovely experience as I was very free to style the shoot myself and wear my own clothes and do my own makeup, making the photos look as natural as they felt to take. I often feel I need a lot of direction in front of the camera as I never know how to pose, but Kitty's gentle suggestions and cute little props like milkshakes and cameras made it seem so much easier than usual. Being out and about in Hyde Park was fun enough in itself, and is definitely somewhere I would shoot again (so many flowers ah).


The first outfit I wore was a shirt from Beyond Retro and shorts from To Be Worn Again in Brighton, with socks and shoes from Topshop. The patterns were a little crazy together but I quite liked the way they stood out from the backdrops we chose.



I also discovered that I must secretly speak goose or something as whilst trying to take the above picture I thought I would try and coax a few more geese into the shot...and then ended up with almost every goose possible swimming towards me because they must have thought I had food or something. I do like geese but that many coming towards you is a little daunting. 



The second outfit was my pink Beyond Retro dungarees and cute Motel Rocks gypsy crop top. I love wearing small cropped tops under dungarees as you still feel quite feminine and less hot in the sun but much more comfortable than you do with your whole stomach on show all day. 



This feels like the perfect time to post these as they kind of personify all of the aesthetics I've been feeling recently. For example it is still summer, or is supposed to be, but the hot weather has started to fade away now and the structure and routine of sixth form is beginning to loom over me like it always does when September rolls around. The dreamy, almost nostalgic feel of the shoot makes me think about this summer and all of the freedom I am going to miss when I start back at school...travelling back and forth on the underground, reading on the roof in the sun, staying up all night with friends and then hanging out with them again the next day as if we haven't seen each other in weeks. This summer has been so long even though it seemed to go by so fast, but I enjoyed almost every second of it so I can't really be too upset now that it is nearly over. 


I had such a lovely day with Kitty - she is such a sweet person to work with and is of course incredibly talented when it comes to photography. It was so nice to meet someone similarly crazy who doesn't judge my love of dancing about in flowers (which I do way too often). Hopefully we will be working together again soon...and I hope you liked these photos! 
Check out Kitty's website, blog and post about this shoot!


30 comments:

  1. You look beautiful! Looove your dungarees x

    rubys-eyes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your so gorgeous! Love the outfits! xxx
    Étáin

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woahh the pictures are stunning and you look absolutely beautiful! Love both the outfits :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. these are gorgeous, i love your top!
    bella xx
    http://sincerelyisabella.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful photos and outfits! What is the name of the camera in the first picture? x

    http://weallscreamforicedreams.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stunning photos! Your outfits are gorgeous as always and I love how the style of photography perfectly fits the aesthetic of your blog <3

    Lucy-J Loves | UK Fashion, Beauty & Lifestyle

    ReplyDelete
  7. That last photo of you is gorgeous!!
    xx Tessie

    ReplyDelete
  8. these photos are gorgeous and i love the outfits! fab post x

    ReplyDelete
  9. You look pretty cute :3 And I have similar glasses, love them!

    ReplyDelete
  10. these photos are beautiful !

    ReplyDelete
  11. these photos are amazing and you look so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  12. These photos are so perfect and lovely Ellie!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my gosh, these photos are so perfect and beyond beautiful. They have such a rustic, vintage feel to them too and just a pleasure to see.

    Fantastic post

    Jemma xx
    www.dorkface.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  14. Girl, haven't seen such a beautiful person for a long time! You are so special and ... oh my! Can't find any words!

    Overwhelmed hugs, Thea / http://maedchenvommeer.blogspot.de

    ReplyDelete
  15. these photos look gorgeous! I love the collaboration between the two of you <3

    http://secret-hipster.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
  16. These photos are stunning. You look amazing in every single one. Would love to know what lipstick you are wearing if you get chance to reply xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thankyou so much! I am actually not wearing any - just bare lips with a little burt's bees balm!

      Delete
  17. The pictures are so beautiful! And your hair is such a pretty colour. :)
    theemeralddove21.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  18. the last picture is so dreamlike, I love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. These shots are so gorgeous!!! I love how the golden flowers near the top look with your eyes! And the second outfit is the cutest.

    http://happydayscalilife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. Is that your natural hair color? It's a lovely shade!

    Fool's Paradise

    ReplyDelete
  21. These photos are beautiful! good luck with college! x

    ReplyDelete
  22. This post is so beautiful! and your hair is such a stunning colour
    xx

    http://alexinwanderlust.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  23. Your style is amazing!
    And your hair is so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  24. ugh girl you are perfect! the last photo is my absolute fav <3

    ReplyDelete
  25. wow you look amazing, I love your clothes and glasses and hair and everything! the 4th photo is my favourite, it looks stunning <3

    ReplyDelete
  26. These are perfect, I can't stop staring at you, feel like a stalker ahahah. Seriously, amazing model and gifted photographer!

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou so much for your comment! I read each and every one and will try to answer any questions or queries as quick as I can ♡♡♡