chemically so heavenly

Wednesday 11 February 2015


For some reason this term has felt both ridiculously short and painfully slow at the same time. I feel almost as if I've spent the last few weeks living out of a suitcase, you know like when you go on holiday and you're not staying long enough to unpack properly, remaining slightly separate from your surroundings and never settling down completely. It also feels as though Christmas was yesterday, which is weird. I think I really need this half term, though, to take a step back and sort my head (and piles of unorganised notes) out a little before going back to school again.





February has, so far, matched up to my peaceful January, and has brought with it a few nice things such as seeing Peace a few nights ago and doing a piece for Rokit's website. These photos are from the piece, which was a three ways to wear 70s style feature. I wore a vintage knit jumper from Brighton and Asos shoes. The necklace (inspired by my constant dressing up whilst working at Hirst Antiques) was from the Vintage Kilo Sale I went to a few weeks ago.






(coat from Topshop)
The Rokit piece is now up on their blog here.
In other news, I finished another disposable. I've taken to having one on me almost all the time, and love the fact that I can document so many minor incidents in my life when I have one to hand. The one I used here was a Kodak fun saver, and was actually one of the best disposables I've used for a while (I've been through almost every type available from Snappy Snaps or Boots).








From first to last: Morning park walks + Barbara Hepworth sculpture and ankle length coat // pals // art room and my fabric addition to our classroom's door // I have a thing for patterned carpets

Anyway, on Monday I went with some friends to see Peace play Heaven in London. We saw them together at Reading, and so it was somewhat nostalgic to all go and see them again. Their new record arrived on Saturday night, and safe to say after sitting up to listen to it complete I can vouch that it is really, really good. They manage to maintain a slightly comedic, fun vibe while laying down some seriously good music too. My favourites are of course World Pleasure, Happy People, Perfect Skin and I'm a Girl. Actually wait. I love them all.







It was a quite intimate venue, and after waiting there since 5 we managed to secure ourselves a space at the barrier (meaning we are in pretty much all photos from the gig on NME etc). We had an amazing view, and the set was absolutely seamless; the highlight was of course the band breaking out into Led Zeppelin halfway through playing 1998. I also bumped into Georgiana towards the end, which was so surreal as I adore her blog / her art / everything and am going to be contributing towards her art collective once it's all started up. The evening was pretty much perfect, and we even managed to meet the band afterwards (they are such lovely, down-to-earth guys). Their support, Ekkah, were also really good (I've had 7am on repeat ever since).
Anyway, I hope you all have a good half term...I'm going to spend mine partially in Margate, some at home doing art and then the last weekend at London Fashion Week, and so should be pretty active on this page over that time. See you soon!


32 comments:

  1. I love this vintage vibe look! great photos!

    www.bstylevoyage.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd love to go to London fashion week or any fashion week at that.I love your outfit and all the photographs! xx
    fashionismyfirstlanguage.blogapot.ie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you! and it's free to go, you can just turn up! xx

      Delete
  3. omg the colour scheme of your outfit is beautiful Ellie! Plus the jewellery looks fantastic!
    As for the film photos, they look great <3

    http://secret-hipster.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the warm and rich colors in your outfit and the photographs are so cool!
    ~Sophia
    http://plaidismyfavouritecolour.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are such a fabulous human being! Your style amazes me and I'm so glad you had a lovely time at the Peace gig, keep being on point Ellie <3

    www.louisefashionmuseum.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you so much!! and ah I am obsessed with your style, you are so awesome yourself!!! xx

      Delete
  6. ahh you lucky thing! i've only recently started getting into peace (with the exception of lovesick, which has always been the best of the best), which is gutting as my new love for them has arrived just after their three march brighton dates selling out! i looove the outfit - the colours all go so perfectly with you beautiful hair, argh! xx

    thisisfrom-matilda.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hehe thank you and yay they are so great!!! <3

      Delete
  7. Lovely outfit and lovely photographs as usual. Also, I love your makeup!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I haven't taken film photos in ages because I hate using flash with them and it's been dark all the time!!!!! This post is making me want to take film pictures so badly though, omg. Hope half term is really useful xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. This was such a lovely post, your outfit looks AMAZING! You carry off vintage so well.
    I'm so envious of you going to LFW again, last year looked incredible. Do you get invited to the shows? I have always wondered how it works!

    Bethany x

    bethanygraceo.blogspot.dk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you so much! you have to apply and be accepted, i was last year but applied late this time! xx

      Delete
  10. Love love love the photos. Especially the slightly grungey feel from the concert pics. Loved the outfit as well. Keep doing you because it's fab.

    www.withgraceandguts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love love love the photos. Especially the slightly grungey feel from the concert pics. Loved the outfit as well. Keep doing you because it's fab.

    www.withgraceandguts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. no way did you see peace live!! very jealous rn.. think i'm going to see them in september :) love your blog by the way <3
    love from Holly │ The English Eccentric

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hehe yay I am going then too hopefully!!! <3 and thank u!!

      Delete
  13. The photo with the gloves is actually quite disturbing - in a good way, obviously! :) Loving these pics^^ You look awesomely cool, as usual.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ellie, Ellie, Ellie! That top, that jumper, your face, your makeup - please send me a PDF file on how to be cool like you. I also can't wait to see what you wear to LFW just because last year you were beyond.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  15. As an avid indie music fan, I've never heard of Peace but am currently giving them a listen on Spotify. I love all your film camera posts, I am trying to experiment with film currently and it's hard not to get antsy about getting it developed, amirite?

    www.thejuiceboxqueen.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. These pictures are so great, I don't know why but they make me feel nostalgic about events that haven't even happened in my life yet; it looks like a lot of fun. I really love the 70s feel of the first outfit! xx

    m-eliorism.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  17. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  18. all ur outfits from lfw r soo on point ellie arghh i wish i could pull them off <33 was gr8 seeing u @ peace and the art collective is going to be so exciting !! xx
    where-is-frank.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  19. what camera did you use for the film photos! the aesthetic is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou so much for your comment! I read each and every one and will try to answer any questions or queries as quick as I can ♡♡♡