kind of blurry like a VHS

Friday 10 April 2015


This last week has really flown by - I knew it would, as having one week of no college is always a panic for me, trying to cram in as much as I can into the morsel of temporary freedom before getting back into the monotony of college and revision. It's actually been a really good week...on Monday I saw the Alexander McQueen exhibition at the V&A (it is seriously a must-see...one of the best the V&A have put on so far), on Tuesday I had a movie night with some pals and swooned over the clothes worn in Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas, and then on Wednesday I painted and went to see Drenge play a small gig at Rough Trade. Thursday was mainly a try-and-get-some-work-done day, and today I spent the morning at the Tate with a friend seeing Tracey Emin's 'My Bed' before sitting on a wall overlooking the Thames. A good week in my books. Its one of those things - if I had been at home all Easter I probably wouldn't have had anything to do or anywhere to go, but of course the moment you only have limited time suddenly everything has to happen at once. I don't mind though - I love being busy. It's stressful, but I just can't not be at least a little productive each day. (Although my definition of productive may mean eating sushi and painting instead of hardcore revision kind of productive...)






These photos are all from a little day trip to Padstow as part of my holiday last week. I'd been before as a child but only remembered the beach. It is such a lovely town - a wonderful mix of traditional seaside and fishing village, but with modernised restaurants and independent shops that make it perfect for everyone. I spent the day buying lots of cheap secondhand jewellery, which is a new thing I am in to at the moment...working at Hirst has really opened my eyes to wearing and buying jewellery, and now I am becoming a little obsessed. It's a slippery slope.








I wore my black Rokit shorts with a shirt from Camden Passage in Islington, a Beyond Retro waistcoat, my jacket from Margate and backpack from Mi-Pac. I also wore my new shoes from The Whitepepper...I felt the need to have a pair for the summer, as my mustard ones are just so comfortable. I just love how much taller they make me (and the colour is to die for...I'm not a really pink girl but they just pick up the pink detail in the florals I like to wear and so they are so perfect for my wardrobe).








It was such a beautiful day (especially considering how storm-like the night had been) and so sketching on the beach was ideal. My new little moleskine has got me into sketching so much more, as whipping it out on the tube/bus/cafes etc is so much less intrusive and obvious than my old bigger one. 








Apologies for the slightly erratic writing / old photos, I am attempting to get two write-ups of geography coursework done today and so will get a much more cohesive post up soon. Hope you have a lovely weekend and enjoy the sun while it lasts!

33 comments:

  1. Ah I love your boots! And as always your outfit and the photos you take are so quaint and cute <3

    http://secret-hipster.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such lovely photos as per usual! Love the waistcoat and the whitepepper boots! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look fab- love how busy your week off has been :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you!! hehe I do like to cram a lot in!x

      Delete
  4. I absolutely love your The Whitepepper boots! I keep on looking on their site just to look at the shoes haha. I know what you mean about time flying too, with studying and working AND being social, it just zooms past!
    Bethany x

    bethanygraceo.blogspot.dk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha thank you!! same I love their shoes so much...I want to start a collection!!! yeah it really does, but it's nice to do lots so that even if it goes by quickly you can say you made it worthwhile! xx

      Delete
  5. Omg I need those shoes!!!! That place looks so nice ahh I really need to take more photos! Your week sounded really good, I've had the week off too and it's been nowhere near as interesting as yours!

    perpetual-perplexities.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you!!! and ah I'm sure it has been,I'm just an obsessive photo-taker!!!! xx

      Delete
  6. I love those shoes! Also I'm incredibly jealous of you being able to see the Alexander McQueen exhibition as I am unable to and I keep hearing great things about it :(
    great post as usual, and the photos are beautiful :)
    Laura x
    http://laura-louisee.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you!! aw no that is such a shame, I hope you do get to see it! x

      Delete
  7. I'm really struggling to put into words how much I admire your ability to create such unique outfits. As someone who's normally found in varying shades of grey, it's definitely something I need to learn! Evie // Evanescxent

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! It really means a lot :)

      Delete
  8. Yay, a new blog post of you makes my day every time! "Pre-loved clothes" well that is literally the cutest thing ever. Like, ever. We really have the same hair and style by the way, which is cool I think. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! and aw yay hair twins!!!!!!! <3 <3

      Delete
  9. Just as everyone else is, I am in love with those shoes!! I love your style, by the way; it's so you! I myself tend to stick to the same patterns, styles, and even shops, but lately I've been wanting to go to a thrift store to find some more unique pieces! You shall be my inspiration x
    Lovely photos, by the way. I get so excited to see little pieces of other people lives... no matter how creepy that sounds! I hope you enjoyed your week off! x

    Emily x

    ReplyDelete
  10. killer outfit! that tea room is the cutest,
    bella x
    http://sincerelyisabella.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your outfits are always so on point Ellie!!xx
    where-is-frank.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ah I just love that green jacket and your shoes!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. lovee your photos and everything about your blog- kinda obsessed haha <3

    wildvagabondss.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  14. OK, those boots are really really great. I feel like they were designed with intimate indoor concerts and clothing pop up shops in libraries and chilling by the pool in nothing but a glittery bodysuit and some pink sunglasses because you don't even wanna swim but everyone has to see your shoes though.
    Also, being busy is really nice. The stress is such a rush sometimes, especially if you've spent some time taking a break or whatever.
    x
    GLITTER DAIQUIRI

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you so much!!
      and you are so freaking RIGHT!!! like you gotta get that beautiful swimsuit, sunglasses and boots out just to walk around the pool looking seriously fresh. Also yes yes yes intimate concerts!!
      <3 <3

      Delete
  15. That jacket is just gorgeous. Such a lovely colour on you; perfect for your skin tone x

    ReplyDelete
  16. I adore your outfit and as always it and your photographs are beautiful! xx
    fashionismyfirstlanguage.blogspot.ie

    ReplyDelete
  17. I am in love with your jacket!! And these photos are so adorable. Plus, that food looks so good!!

    xx alyssa
    visionsofnyc.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Tracey Emin!!! I think I was about your age when I learner of her work. I love it so much. I don't know that many people who know of her. Super cool :)

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou so much for your comment! I read each and every one and will try to answer any questions or queries as quick as I can ♡♡♡