I wish the sun could just keep me warm

Sunday 7 June 2015


I can't believe I am back at college tomorrow!! The three weeks I've had off from exams has been full of summertime-ish freedom, but now I have to go back to school until I head off to Indonesia for 18 days (school trip come adventure of a lifetime I seem to have signed myself up to - it means my summer holiday begins a little earlier than everyone else's as we leave a week or so before school breaks up, which definitely makes up for the 9 vaccinations I've had to have). I had a really lovely pre-going back sunday, spending the morning shooting with Antonio in Notting Hill (I can't wait to share the photos we took!), hanging around and then seeing family for a lunchtime barbecue. I wrote this post last Wednesday, but may as well leave what I rambled on about even though when I say "today" that now means last week. 
-Written Last Wednesday:-
Today was a really busy but lovely day, and with the addition of the warm sun shining down felt very much like part of the summer holidays. I started off in Shoreditch, and was lucky enough to be able to take part in a panel with Converse, with four amazing panelists (who made me feel very unaccomplished in comparison!) Afterwards, I met my dad for lunch as he works nearby, before getting the tube to the Angel and going on a two hour walk all the way down to streets I haven't been to since I was about three or four, walking home from school with my Nan. It was weird to be there again, alone and older, with The Front Bottom's albums on shuffle in my earphones and an almost overwhelming urge to just keep on walking without any real purpose. I enjoyed my spontaneous stroll, and managed to pop into my favourite antique, charity and record shops while I was there. I also bought a canvas that is 60 inches high (literally taller than me) and I am quite scared to use it in case it falls on me or something (also how I'm going to reach the top I don't know).






These photos are from about a week ago, after visiting the Tate Britain with family to see a few exhibitions (and see Tracey Emin's bed again - I will never tire of her work). I took some really nice photos in the gallery whilst there with my friend a few months ago but the film never came out, which I obviously have still not quite come to terms with (I always feel like I've lost a part of me, or a part of my memory or something, when photos I've taken don't come out or I lose film).
I wore a lace shirt and tartan jacket from a charity shop, a dress from Motel and bag from Rokit, with my Deichmann shoes which my dog recently destroyed (leaving me with no option but to repurchase the exact same pair - I don't know what I'd do without them). I also wore red lipstick for pretty much the second time ever...I do want to be a person that can wear lipstick but I generally am so clumsy I end up with it on everywhere but my lips after about ten minutes.






My new-found obsession with jewellery was continued in the form of my goose necklace and toucan pin, both from Margate. I quite like the accidental bird theme. I've started to feel naked without jewellery - I absolutely have to be wearing earrings and some form of neck accessory, and if not both I must have one or the other.




(bangle from Margate...it cost me only £1...I love anything that's £1)]

Anyway, I hope you all have a lovely week! I have used up a roll of film (almost) on my olympus, and it shoots half-frame so hopefully I should have quite a few photos from the last three weeks to share once I get them developed. Also, I have updated my Etsy with loads of new things so have a little look if you want to!


25 comments:

  1. Gorgeous outfit and photos (as always, of course)!

    The Indigo Moods


    ReplyDelete
  2. love your outfit from today Ellie, including all the cute jewels you wore with the red and black
    And enjoy Indonesia!! I studied Indonesian all throughout high school but have never been before, hopefully you'll take some photos for the blog :)

    secret-hipster.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you so much! and yes I will definitely try to! x

      Delete
  3. I'm so jealous that you got a chance to see Tracey Emin's work, I bet it was amazing, btw red lipstick suits you so much

    http://emmaodonnell.blogspot.ie/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! yes it really is an amazing piece - her artwork is incredible!

      Delete
  4. Lovely outfit! I'm loving that necklace and the pattern of the coat is really cool. Also how exciting to go to Indonesia - hope you have a great time! :)
    theemeralddove21.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. That jacket is amazing. It looks so cute paired with the black and white dress.Love seeing mixed patterns that work really well together.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super cute Jacket! You look fab

    http://alexinwanderlust.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really love your outfit in this post!
    The dress and jacket look so good together and you really suit the lipstick as well! xo
    LJLV | UK Personal Style

    ReplyDelete
  8. Enjoy your school trip ,it sounds like a great adventure apart from the vaccines! Your outfit and photography is amazing as usual and I love your jewellery! x
    fashionismyfirstlanguage.blogspot.ie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Absolutely love the tartan jacket, such a lovely outfit as per usual! x

    basicallyzaynab.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your backpack, its so sick and looks like it would be perfect for summer
    Feel free to check out our latest post x
    http://looklovewear.blogspot.co.uk/2015/06/summer-haul.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love that jacket, and the dress. The clashing prints go so well <3

    The Quirky Queer

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you!! I do love a clashing print <3

      Delete

Thankyou so much for your comment! I read each and every one and will try to answer any questions or queries as quick as I can ♡♡♡