all the lights followed closely behind

Sunday 22 November 2015


.......
Hi there. It's been a while, hasn't it?! I always feel guilty when I don't keep this page updated - I generally have things to say / things to share but my time management has really been out of the window recently, and I've had to dedicate most of my time to catching up with school work and keeping on top of college and all the deadlines that come with it. This year has been weird so far - after the summer, I seem to have changed a lot and my whole social group / school dynamic has changed, including the things I do and places I go outside of school. I've been going out more around London and hanging out with friends more, listening to more music and dancing a lot, which in my books makes it a pretty good year so far. I will get back on top of posting on here too - I know I say that every time, but I do really mean it!








 I turned 18 a few weeks ago, which is really crazy for me as I genuinely still feel about 12 years old. I had a strange realisation, whilst dancing along to Craft Spells (who I went to see in a super cool basement in Dalston with Mona) on a Tuesday night, that suddenly I was an individual with no constraints anymore - I can go out and do whatever, even though I really do not feel like an adult yet. It's odd, but I'm enjoying it so far. Above are an odd selection of horrendous quality webcam photos from the last few weeks and a page from my current A level sketchbook.
I haven't got a full outfit post as such ready for today, but I think a catch up is needed anyway so I am going to use this post to share a bit of my current inspirations / moodboards as well as any updates from things I've done or been to. Normal service will resume on this page shortly I promise!



(source)



I'm really feeling pastels again this year - I don't wear them enough. Soft nudes, pinks and natural colours to match the cool winter and sleepy days spent working inside...also, florals to remind me that there is spring to look forward to after the nest few cold months. Collectif's spring/summer SS15 collection captures this perfectly, with pretty vintage floral prints in dresses and two pieces that could transition easily into your autumn wardrobe.

(source)

(source)

(source)

(source)

(source & source)
(source & source)





I'm also really into reds, tartan, checks and golds, probably because it's christmas soon. Collectif's A/W 15 collection has some amazing pieces that fit this aesthetic perfectly...I love the Lurex fishtail dress and the check dresses, perfect for winter parties.
I was actually invited to the Collectif camden party, a lovely evening of vintage style, music and people all gathered together in one space. I unfortunately couldn't stay very long and so didn't get many photos, but kindly have been sent these taken by Jackson and Co and Lisa Jane Photography that perfectly capture how lovely the night was.












Collectif is an independent 1940s and 50s inspired vintage reproduction brand, who create the most beautiful and authentic retro inspired pieces based on their in-depth knowledge and huge archive of vintage style. A great way for newcomers to get into vintage without having to buy second-hand, Collectif is also a wonderful way to find vintage pieces in the right size (it can be hard to find actual vintage in modern sizes!). The party itself was a lovely event for anyone who loves vintage, with a showcase of the brand's festive season lines, makeovers and styling, and live music from acts such as The Tootsie Rollers, The Victory Sisters and burlesque from The Folly Mixtures. I had a really lovely evening, thank you Collectif for inviting me! I really recommend you check out their online store here.


5 comments:

  1. loving the looks, also your art is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. CRAFT SPELLS YESSSSSSS oh man I wish I'd known they were playing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. AHH aw no!! next time definitely <3 <3 they are so good!!!

      Delete
  3. Collectif are the loveliest brand, the night looks amazing! You look adorable as always, and your art looks amazing!
    Bethany x

    bethanygraceo.blogspot.dk

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou so much for your comment! I read each and every one and will try to answer any questions or queries as quick as I can ♡♡♡