strange as angels dancing in the deepest oceans

Tuesday 15 March 2016


If you've been reading this blog for a while you'll probably already know the shoot I did last summer with Ailera Stone for Miss Robin zine (these posts: 1, 2) and can imagine why I was excited to work with her again this summer just gone. The first time, we had wandered through the Natural History Museum and Covent Garden, snapping dreamy photographs on the theme of 'postcards'. This time, we spent the morning shooting in Hyde Park's rose garden. It was a blissful summer's day and the photos capture a lot of that bright, summery haze I was experiencing.








As for styling, I knew I wanted to reflect the natural environment around me so bought a haphazard bunch of florals, which I paired with white fishnet tights, 70s-esque platform school shoes (they look sort of like school shoes, I think anyway) and huge glasses frames. The above outfits feature a suede panel skirt from Beyond Retro's label, a Beyond Retro floral high-neck top, and a floral shirt from a vintage market.








(Beyond Retro top & shorts, vintage sunglasses)
The padlock I'm fiddling with in the 5th photo had "just like a dream," scratched onto it, which I noticed and subsequently meant I spent the rest of the day humming The Cure. I loved this little appearance of Just Like Heaven into my day and even now it's tune still brings to mind the warm summer sun and rosy flowers we spent the morning in.










It was such a lovely day, and the photos really capture that summery haze - days spent wandering through nature, exploring new places, taking time to relax or read in the warm sunlight. I'm looking forward to more days like that this summer, hopefully. Thank you again Ailera for a lovely day! Her work is seriously incredible, and can be found here and here.
Have a lovely week!

21 comments:

  1. amazing pictures. You look so pretty! love all the looks!

    www.bstylevoyage.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow, this is stunning! These photos are so dreamy, I really can't get over it, and you look lovely!

    Amber | y a c h t s m a a n

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are absolutely dreamy and you look so beautiful in every single one <3

    Andini xx | Adventures of an Anglophile 

    ReplyDelete
  4. two of my favourite bloggers....and you look so magical ;__;

    ReplyDelete
  5. these pictures are just so....ANGELIC!!!! Your hair and outfits and just FACE is so so so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loove these photographs so much, they're so beautiful <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dreamy. <3 Love your outfit choices and amazing hair. xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. the editing is amazing and the colours are so dreamy <3

    www.creaturesoftweed.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  9. Absolutely stunning <3

    franalibi.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my universe so pretty! I love this <3

    ReplyDelete
  11. these photos are breath-taking, both you and Ailera did a fanastic job on this shoot! You should both feel very proud of the finished product

    http://secret-hipster.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou so much for your comment! I read each and every one and will try to answer any questions or queries as quick as I can ♡♡♡