you find my old and faded self in that place

Saturday 30 April 2016


I'm off school for the bank holiday!! Having Friday and Monday off has left me feeling as if I am on school break - it's so relaxing just to be able to breathe a little and figure things out without constantly going to college and having more and more work thrown your way. The last few days have been very summery (despite today's occasional rainstorms?!)...I photographed two of my school friends on Thursday after college, which entailed not only dressing up in the art department but also a pre-shoot trip to buy a mint avocado and cacao smoothie and artificial flowers. On Friday I had a really leisurely morning, picked up film from the day before's shoot, bought another smoothie (trust me they are SO good) and had my nails painted before going out to see Sinead play a gig and eat some pizza at Voodoo Rays. I love days off so much.
 Anyway, I've started taking so many more photos recently; I've always been a documenter, but it's got seriously out of hand. These photos are from the first shoot I ever really properly organised - you can see that both my photography and construction of the images has improved with my later work (hopefully) but I still really like this set as it captures a few close friends of mine in a really nice setting.
~~ALSO - apologies for the low quality photos...for some reason when I enlarge images to full size on blogger the quality decreases drastically?





I chose to photograph Tamara, Jazzy and Mariam as I felt I'd never really done so before. I know them all through college, and know them especially well now after we spent two and a half weeks in Indonesia together in the summer. Mariam took us to a park in Bethnal Green; it was a lovely setting, leafy and green and backed by huge viaducts.








I hope you all have a lovely weekend and bank holiday - I'm having some photos taken with two angel babes on Sunday, before a day by the seaside on Monday, so I will have more content for the weeks to come!

13 comments:

  1. ah love these. The last photo is my favourite, so dreamy <3

    www.miriamwoodburnblog.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your photos are always so gorgeous! <3
    http://britishmermaid.blogspot.co.uk/?m=1

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are both a good photographer and a good model!! Enjoy your break ^^

    ReplyDelete
  4. you always seem to go on the best adventures, love these photos Ellie and seeing how your body of work continues to change and evolve

    http://secret-hipster.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are such stunning film photos, especially the last one (love your friends style btw)
    Feel free to check out our latest post x
    LOOK LOVE WEAR

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amazing pictures, I love them all, I really like your photographies <3<3

    Moth And Poppy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love all of these outfits, especially the denim jumper. You folks are so cute and stylish. <3

    ReplyDelete
  8. This pictures are sooo dreamy!!! And their outfits are so cute, I'm in love with the entire setting. That location looks so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Woow the perfects outfits hh, also the paint on the jean. Cool cool cool!

    ReplyDelete
  10. SO in love with all the outfits but the denim jumper is so cute omg!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou so much for your comment! I read each and every one and will try to answer any questions or queries as quick as I can ♡♡♡